People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday is now Market Day!

Hello hello!
I went out on the youth hunt and all together saw 6 deer.
First one was one that we scared out of the brush as we (David and I) were walking home in the night/late evening. Then the next morning we woke up nice and early when it was still dark and waited near a clearing in the forest for the deer to come. A mother and her two grown fawns crossed slowly through the clearing about 40 yards from where I sat. It was too dark still for me to see my sights clearly so I did not even try to take a shot... they passed by and I could hear them browsing in the woods not too far away. A cold breeze was blowing (it was very cold) and it tickled my nose... i felt a sneeze coming and told myself "DON'T SNEEZE"! I tried Enoch's trick of pluging my nose to muffle any noise that could break the quiet morning air... i tried... and failed... it was muffled but not enough for the sharp ears of deer. No sooner had i sneezed and I heard the three deer bolt toward the east and two more ran acrossed the clearing to the west. If I had not sneezed one of the two deer going east would have been lined up in my sights.
Alas. Now I wait for november. David is bow hunting... I want to do that sometime!
My dear friend Haley and her family moved back to Michigan at the end of September... when they showed up aty our house as a surprise three weeks ago I was SO shocked! I felt like screeming but could only gasp... they are staying until the spring-- maybe longer!!
Fall is here the trees are SUPER pretty this year!

6 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Hooray, horray Hannah! A post!!! :)
So that's why you're not posting much--your kindred spirit is living close by again. :)
Do you have any hopes of getting your computer fixed anytime in the near future? I sure do hope so! I've missed you and Grace a lot!!!!!
Well, sorry this is so very short, but there is so much to do today--with getting my parents' packed for their 30th wedding anniversary vacation and all (they leave early tomorrow morning for a week!)
So, I'd best get going.
I wish you success in November--and be careful when and where you sneeze! :)
Love you,
~Cora

Josie said...

Hi Hannah!
I'm so glad to hear from you on you blog! Fall is here and I'm excited aswell, all the colors are breath-taking!
I wanted to let you know that I got a part in the play "It's A Wonderfl Life", I'm Violet Bick and it's been great! The preformances are in NOv. and so it's gpnna be a stressful 6 weeks! :P
I love you Hannah!
~Josie

Rachel Grace said...

Oh, yes... fall is very SUPER pretty this year! How fun to go hunting. I can not wait until I take hunter's safety, then I can go with my dad :).
Love you!
Rachel Grace

Jennifer said...

Hannah! It's great to hear from you! :-) oh, that'a to bad about the deer... but it seams like you had a good time!

~Jenn

Josie said...

Thaks for the comment Hannah! Yes, i will be going to the pumkin blow! See you then! :)

Kyrie said...

Dear Hannah,

I have not visited in so long because your blog stopped showing up on my dashboard, so I thought you had not posted in FOREVER! I decided to just visit, just to see, and what do I find?! You've been blogging regularly!!! So, I guess I've missed out on quite a bit of your life recently?
Oh, well, I'll just have to make sure and check every so often myself! :)
Glad to find you're doing so well ;) !

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><