My cousins are here and I am having so much fun with them!
Tomorrow we are going to Lake Michigan to go swimming!!! Yeah!
My cousin Nathan loves doing illusion tricks. I am boggled right now...
I thought I'd share a riddle he has me and Grace stumped on right now- and we can't know the answer until tomorrow morning!
Okay,
There are three men who are very tired and go to a hotel to get a room.
The hotel manager tells them that one room for one night will be $30. So, they each pay $10.
After they are in their room the manager calls the bell boy and says that usually they want people to pay $25 for one room for one night so he gives the boy $5 and tells him to divide it evenly between the three men. As the boy is walking to their room, he says "$5 can't be divided evenly by three so I'll keep $2 for myself and give $1 to each man." So he did and the men were happy because they each only paid $9. So, $9 x 3= $27, right? And the boy kept $2 for himself $27 + $2 = $29, right?
Yes, so what happened to the missing dollar???
Don't ask me- just comment with your guesses!

6 comments:
wow, um... I dunno. Please let me know when you get the answer.
With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann
If you word it differently it makes better sense.... It's only the equation that throws you off. The hotel has 25 dollars after the manager gives the 5 to the boy. Then he takes 2 (add that to the 25 and you get 27) and then gives three to the other guys (add that to your 27 and get 30). I still don't understand the equation though.... I'll be looking for the answer!
LOL! That is one of my favorite riddles as well, so of course I know the answer... But I won't tell, as that would spoil the fun for Nathan!
Andrew B.
Don't START with 30. Start with 25, divide it by 3, and you get 8.3333333... To that 25, you can add the 3 that the men got back, and the bellboy got 2. :)
Hannah, I really like your patriotic background. You are so creative! We really enjoyed our visit and I am glad you appreciated Nathan's riddle and "illusions". I appreciate your side words about faith. To me, faith is the means by which God can channel His righteousness. "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness." You display His righteousness when your warmly welcomed us. Aunt Donna
Hannah! Don't leave us in suspense! What about the riddle!?!
Mary.
Post a Comment