People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Post

We went to the hay field today! I do so love hay time! My arms and hands are all scratched up and my muscles ache but I can't wait to get back out tomorrow! Usually I drive the truck but I didn't this time because Mama came and so she drove. We got let's see. . . 45 on the truck and 80 on the trailer so that's what together... anybody quick at math? 125 bales. I must be very tired because I could not think of the answer to that.

I did not post here for a couple days. . . yesterday we had some friends over that we met at the market, Mike and Mora - they are so nice and I feel as if I have known them for a long time! I can't wait to see them again on Saturday!

On tuesday night all of us except David went down to the river. Enoch and Nathanael fished.

Here is some pictures:

My sweet puppy Teasel,
(which actually is all of ours and is also a dog :)




Nathanael fishing

Enoch fishing:

The beautiful river

Have any of you ever played Apples to Apples? My Grandma F. gave me the Bible Edition of it. My Aunt Terri gave it to her but Grandma never played it. I wasn't sure how to play it even though I read the instructions :). Today Nathanael was in my room and he was looking at the game. Then I was taking random card and seeing what funny things I would come up with. I started doing it with Grace and the younger brothers. We would grab one red card and one green card off the top of the stack and see what they said. Here are some of the ones that made us laugh :)




This is for you Beth dear :)
I might email or buzz it to ya also :)

This was interesting. . .
Enoch and Nathanael really wanted to go out fishing this afternoon but it was all getting delayed due to lots and lots of phone calls (I'll tell you about that latter.)
Now, we were doing this Apples to Apples and Grace just pulled these to cards from the deck and they said:

"Oh that one is a good one. . ." You know, it made sense.
Then right that second Mama walks in the room and she had not even heard us talking. She says "Boys, we are going to go fishing, just be patient." :)
Then we showed Mama the cards :)

Sometime today the younger brothers and I were doodling and we were seeing who could make each other laugh with their drawing. I did not get a picture of theirs but I did of mine. Should I post it?? I guess.
At first I thought it looked almost like a cow and a chicken but in the end it turned out to be a goofy snake, but I only shot it's head.

Here is a part of one of the hayfields that we get hay from.
Our friend Mr. Brimmer cuts and bales the hay. He is a very nice person. For years he has kept the price even and that is a big blessing to us. His tractor broke down too and is still not working perfect but he does his best for us and the other people who have got hay from him for years.

David looks like he's saying "eny buddy gunna gimme a bale?" when really he was just getting ready to say "Hannah, grab that bale there!" And "We did not come out here to take pictures" (or something along that lines :). I know, and I hurry to put my camera in the truck! I dearly love you big brother!

On the way home after driving slooowly (and driving in 2nd gear down a very steep hill. Well, I guess we have to do that without hay now too- something new on our old truck is less brakes.) Back on subject, on the way home we stopped at the country store and we all gots us a cone. YUM! And as we were pulling away from there, we saw a rainbow!



Actually a double rainbow. Not sure if you can see it in the photo below or not.

Now about the phone calls I mentioned earlier.

Please pray for us as we are trying to get our Kitchen certified.
I am not going into details but we are not really being treated fairly.
So there have been alot of phone calls made and the phone is ringing alot during business hours.
We would really appreciate prayer in this. It is very sad. We have been going at this for years and years. Taking steps of Faith and trusting God in ways we may not have as much before.

And now, I must go off to bed! Teasel is more than likely already in my bed :)
She is a nice little heater though on cold evenings.
"Cold?" You say "Didn't you get her in June?"
Yes, we got her in June but it has been chilly here!

5 comments:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Hey Hannah!

Can you please, please, pretty please follow guin @ : guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com
and tell her I sent you? Please... because you see... I'm trying to win this, contest. And I need you're help. Because I'm trying to get her more followers, and I really wanna win. lol.
Thanks, you're amazing!

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

David said...

It is always fun in the hay field, I like that It cooled off a bit I did not even get hot. Those are very nice shots of the manistee river.
~David

Amy said...

Apples to Apples is one of my cousin's favorite games.

We were baling hay yesterday too. We still have 400 bales on the ground.

Cora Beth said...

I was in the hay field today too! (I'm working on uploading pictures to my blog--yes, I took my camera to the field too. :) )

This was such a neat post! I really enjoyed reading about your Teasel, although can't imagine it being so cool out that you'd want to sleep with a dog by your side!
It's been very warm here for the last week...


I am definitely keeping your kitchen project in my prayers. That must very faith-trying to have so many problems---all over the water. Would it be possible for you to use store-bought water in the things you make to sell?

Apples to Apples looks like fun. I've never played it, although I've thought about ordering it many times when I see it advertised in the CBD catalog....

Well, I think my pictures are loaded now, so I'd best go work on my post and then get some sleep. :)

Love you~
Cora

Rachel Grace said...

Hello Hannah!
Teasel is such a beautiful name for your beautiful dog! Apples to apples is a very fun game, some good friends of ours taught us how some time ago. Your "matches" are very funny! The rainbow pictures you took are beautiful. Our Lord is so creative and He makes such beautiful things...wow!
I will most definitelly pray about your kitchen certification.
Blessings,
Rachel Grace
P.S. I just wanted to ask you a question... a little while ago you had a song on your playlist about crawdads (or something like that???) and I wanted to let my dad listen to it because I thought he would like it... do you remember the name of it? Thanks!
Love ya sweet sister in Christ!