People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birdie and Contest

This evening I was going out into the woods when I saw one of our cats running with something in his mouth. I caught the cat and pried his mouth open. He had gotten a baby bird and it was still alive and it seemed like it was not really hurt. The little bird was so beautiful! It is all grey with bright orange on the end of it's tail. We identified the bird as a baby cedar waxwing. After it was calmed down some I tried feeding it gooseberry pulp and it ate it! Right now it is sleeping in a little cage. Tomorrow I am going to see if i can put it somewhere out of the reach of cats and where the parent birds can find it.

We are not going to go the friday market tomorrow because we want to go to the saturday market instead. The saturday market is having a veggie contest this sat. The different entries are:
  • The Ugliest Tomato
  • The Biggest Tomato
  • The most Monstrous Zucchini
There is a category for ages 4-10, and another for ages 11-16.
Nathanael is entering a zucchini in the first category, Enoch is entering a zucchini in the 2nd category and I am entering a UGLY tomato!!!!
So we all have a chance to win and none of us are competing against each other!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That contest sound fun. I'd like to see pictures of the ugliest, biggest and most monstrous!

Hannah said...

I'll try to get some pictures!