People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Up To Date...



Monday:
RAINY! I read 2 books that I borrowed from Olivia(and started the 3rd). Did a bit of laundry. Did a bit of dishes. Help Mama and Grace get the dinner on. Zach came for dinner (he showed us his wheat presentation). We got our ancient heritage seed wheat.

Tuesday:
Sunny, hot. I made pizza dough. Grace made mozzarella. Grace,Enoch,and Nathanael did dishes. David extracted his honey. Mama, Grace,Me, Enoch, and Nathanael all went over to Zach's to pick some plants (wild bergamot) that were growing on the corner of his property. Then as we were leaving, Mama got the truck stuck in the
ditch. Grace, Mama and Nathanael ran down to Zach's house and then he came and pulled the truck out with his tractor. Mama told him he could come over for pizza. Then we drove to go get some more wild plants. We drove down some wild two-tracks and finally came to the spot where we going to pick goldenrod, and hoary vervain. We were right by a little river so us children cooled off for a bit. Then we drove over to the grocery store and got a few things, then came home and had dinner with Zach. After dinner Zach showed Enoch how to tie flies.

One of David's 8 hives.
He extracted from 3 hives and got 133 pounds of honey!

Tie Flying with Zach.

Wednesday:
Sunny, warm. I did laundry. I helped Grace and Nathanael clear out the guest house. Daddy and Enoch went over to the Marilla house and groomed the lawn. Mama went to town to pick up a few things. David labeled his honey. After a good meal of meat on a stick, and flatbreads, we roasted s'mores together.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going
and soon all else around can warm up in it's glowing...

I took a board and set it between the two swings and then
I put a blanket and pillows on it which made a comfy bed!

Chuga, Chuga, Chew, Chew... is that yummy David???

Me, Enoch, and Nathanael all in the bed!

Everyone (:except me :) sittin in smoke, roastin s'mores over the ashes.
(there are coals in there:)











2 comments:

Amy said...

What books did you read? We bought some new books at the Amish hardware in Clare and I've devoured three so far this week.

Why were you picking goldenrod? The way it makes my nose run and eyes water I wouldn't want to pick it.

Hannah said...

The books I read were from the american adventure series.

*Escape from Slavery, by Norma Jean Lutz
*Maggie's Choice, by Norma Jean Lutz
*Fire by Night, by Loree Lough

What books were you reading? I am always book hungry.We have a mennonite-owned bulk food store near us, so maybe I could get them there. I sometimes wish public libraries would have books like that. But you can get nice books from libraries.

We were picking goldenrod because, it is a medicinal plant we will dry it in our cabin to use for tea and infusions in the winter.