We got a frost last night. Our last frost was on June 3rd which means we had 89 frost free days.
Last night I fed the natural leavens ( white, wheat and rye). Hopefully tonight I can make the autolyse (did I spell that right?), and by tomorrow I can make the bread!
We are just heading out to go blackberry picking...bye!
Yes, It is quite normal for the first frost to come this early. We have even had it happen that the first frost came in July, or sometimes it will come in September. The frost that we just got was a light frost so the garden veggies are okay.
The blackberry picking went well. We got 8 pounds. They are wild blackberries. It is alot of fun picking them. I like going blackberry picking because we get to go on so many fun two-tracks that are deep in the woods!
Blackberry picking sounds really fun!!!! We have a couple bushes in our yard, but I would rather have rasberries! YUM! Everyday now when I go do chicken chores there is soo.. much FOG that I can't see more than 10 feet from me!!
Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the comment! I really like raspberries too. I'd love to visit your blog too. Would I be able to, or is it your privet blog? Nice hearing from you! Love, Hannah Marie
Dear Jennifer, I'm trying to think of how I can get you my e-mail address without having to post it on my blog... I think the best way would be for you to write me a comment with your e-mail address written in it. I WILL NOT PUBLISH THAT COMMENT ON MY BLOG, but then I can e-mail you and you can get my e-mail address that way! I think that is the only possible way to do it, unless you thought of another way??? I hope that was not confusing! ~Hannah
Hannah, I visited your blog today-I liked the pictures of your flatbread. Is this the same dough that you use for pizzas? If so, I have that recipe. If not, let me know if there is a site for the recipe. Uncle Tom'm mom (Oma) is staying with us for three weeks and I think she would enjoy that with some soup. Your soup looked yummy-I could almost smell it:) Thanks for peaceful moments at your site. Aunt Donna
P.S. I also plan on checking out the Crispin books. Do you think Nathan or Paul would enjoy them, too? Blessing to All!
8 comments:
It was in the 40's here last night, but we didn't have a frost.
Is it normal for you all to have a frost this early, Hannah? Our lows have been in the 40's and 50's which is unusual for Missouri this time of year!
I hope that your blackberry picking went well! It sounds like fun. :)
Yes, It is quite normal for the first frost to come this early. We have even had it happen that the first frost came in July, or sometimes it will come in September. The frost that we just got was a light frost so the garden veggies are okay.
The blackberry picking went well. We got 8 pounds. They are wild blackberries. It is alot of fun picking them. I like going blackberry picking because we get to go on so many fun two-tracks that are deep in the woods!
Blackberry picking sounds really fun!!!! We have a couple bushes in our yard, but I would rather have rasberries! YUM! Everyday now when I go do chicken chores there is soo.. much FOG that I can't see more than 10 feet from me!!
I love your blog! Keep up the great posting! :-)
P. S. This is Jennnifer Thomas :-)
Hi Jennifer!
Thanks for the comment! I really like raspberries too.
I'd love to visit your blog too. Would I be able to, or is it your privet blog?
Nice hearing from you!
Love,
Hannah Marie
I would love to have you visit my blog!! Yes it's privite so I would have to get an e-mail address and send you a invitation.
Dear Jennifer,
I'm trying to think of how I can get you my e-mail address without having to post it on my blog...
I think the best way would be for you to write me a comment with your e-mail address written in it. I WILL NOT PUBLISH THAT COMMENT ON MY BLOG, but then I can e-mail you and you can get my e-mail address that way!
I think that is the only possible way to do it, unless you thought of another way???
I hope that was not confusing!
~Hannah
Hannah, I visited your blog today-I liked the pictures of your flatbread. Is this the same dough that you use for pizzas? If so, I have that recipe. If not, let me know if there is a site for the recipe. Uncle Tom'm mom (Oma) is staying with us for three weeks and I think she would enjoy that with some soup. Your soup looked yummy-I could almost smell it:) Thanks for peaceful moments at your site. Aunt Donna
P.S. I also plan on checking out the Crispin books. Do you think Nathan or Paul would enjoy them, too? Blessing to All!
Post a Comment