People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Buckley Old Engine Show

We went to the Buckley Old Engine Show on Saturday We had a nice time there. Daddy dropped David,Grace,Me,Enoch, and Nathanael off and than he and Mama went to Menards to get some things. We got there at 3:30 just in time to watch the parade. Then We went thru part of the flea market. David and Nathanael each bought a corn knife and Enoch bought a hatchet.
After going to the flea market, we got some wooden shingles and had the words "BUCKLEY OLD ENGINE SHOW 2009" wood-burned on them. Then we headed over to the water pump for a drink. We saw the B's at the pump and we said hi and bye because they needed to get over to the fair where they had all their animals for show. Then we heard the horns blowing off so we hurried over there. Enoch and Nathanael each got to pull them. I would have wanted to,but there were so many people taking turns and I never got to. Then we went and watched the sawmill. After that we felt like getting something to eat. We did not know what to get because everything looked so processed.
Then we noticed Daddy and Mama sitting on a bench they were eating chicken and pork and everything that goes with it. Daddy gave us some money and we went and got some hot fried potato chips one plate had sour cream and cheese an it and one plate had plain ones.
Then we got 2 Bayou Billy 2009 Tin Mugs filled with sasaparilla pop and one with pink lemonade. The mugs were $7 each, but you can bring them back year after year for dollar refills! After we ate we looked around some more at the different shops and at the rest of the flea market. On the way home we stopped at Nate's and got icecream. When we got home no one was hungry so we did not have anything to eat.


A Family Photo that a kind elderly man took for us.
A down view of part of the show.
The barber shop.
The Chips we got.






This is Nathanael lowing the horns: you will have to tip your head when you watch it because Grace took it on the side.


I brought $5 with me. I spent it on 1 Bayou Billy refill, a wooden snake,and a super super ball.
Grace got another kind of super ball that bounces about 20 feet into the air!

3 comments:

Annie Lady said...

Oh, I want one of those beautiful family pictures! I have wished for your family picture for years. :-) Grace, you look so pretty! We miss all of you and will very much enjoy looking at your blog. Love you!

Hannah said...

I'll get you that photo ASAP. We want to get a family photo of us and Steve, Rebecca, Jeremiah and Matthias. I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Did you see the picture of Matthias that I have on one of my post? he is soo cute!

Olivia Esther said...

Iam coming to the friday market so hopefuly you will be there, love ya -OLIVIA-