I wrote in my last post that the weather felt like fresh cider and doughnuts. Well today I decided to make fresh apple cider and doughnuts. I went out to our orchard and picked up the apples that had fallen on the ground. I washed them and then got out the cider press. After washing the cider press Me and Nathanael chopped the apples taking turns cranking and tossing apples in. then we pressed them. Altogether we got a little over 3 gallons of cider. I went on-line and found a new doughnut recipe. I made the doughnuts. They looked store-bought(not that I was aiming for them to be that way). When we ate them, they tasted good but they were terribly dense. the cider was so sour that it tasted like it had turned to vinegar already. We dunked the doughnuts in milk and they tasted better, but we did not serve the cider ( it will be made into vinegar:).
I cant wait till the apples are ripe enough for cider. And next time I will probley stick to tried and true doughnut recipe!
Do you ever have kitchen disasters? Or am I the only one?
No comments:
Post a Comment