People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bread baking and other stuff


The last 4 loaves of bread are in the oven. I feel tired. It must be because I stayed up to midnight last night making the dough. Enoch, Nathanael and Daddy are working on getting more wood in.
Grace is trying to tackle the mountain of laundry.
A friend of mine who lives in AK called today to tell us about her new baby brother. It was nice to talk with her.
The pickle pickers across the road have their spanish music on loader than ever and it is getting very tiring to here the constant bass ba- boom, boom boom, ba ba-boom, boom, boom BOOM!!!!! I guess It keeps them pickin'. But does it have to be THAT loud?????
Here are several pictures from today...

My leavens L to R: Rye, Wheat, White

The bread on the rise. I made rye cracker bread out of the rye dough.

The finished bread. It does not look as good as Mama's but I think it will still taste good!
Enoch (on the ground) and Nathanael (on the wood:) hauling fire wood to the sugarhouse wood shed.
Grace made two pies from the...

...BLACKBERRIES!

3 comments:

Ted said...

your bread looks yummy! got a recipe to share? kathleen and edward

Hannah said...

Thanks for the comment Kathleen and Edward. Actually the bread was made without a "recipe-recipe". It is a method that me and my family have worked on perfecting for 20 years. The only ingredients are flour, water and salt. Thanks for asking.

Amy said...

Yummy baking!