People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cider Party!

This is yesterday's post. I could not publish it yesterday, because right when I was in the middle of uploading photos the power went out. David was out hunting when the power went out. He said the power-lines were making strange noises and then he heard the circuit breakers going KABOOM! KABOOM! KABOOM! I could hear them even here at the house but I thought it was someone target shooting! Mama was just starting to heat up oil for frying donuts and then she could not because we have an electric stove. We thought about frying them on the wood stove, but it was not hot enough yet. So, we all went over to Zach's and fried them there.

A lone tree...
We had a nice time at our friends 7th annual cider party. I took pictures...I hope you enjoy them!
They have a system that they do every year. The first person fills up buckets of apples from the crates...

Then the apples are carried in where there is an assembly line of people rinsing off the apples...
The chopper...
I never got a picture the actual pressing part, but you can see the press in this picture, and....
...in this one:
All the children had lots of fun. They especially liked this fort...
A few of them made a little straw house...
The Apple Sling Shot was a big hit...
Here is a little video I took of the slingshot...
G. and her cousin playing under the porch (it was rainy)...
Look way out there in the field and you will see hay wagon full of people on it for the hayride...
You can see it better in this picture. The tractor pulling it is a really nice old one that starts by turning the flywheel(I think that is what it is called???)...
I thought this spud gun is pretty neat (I thought they were going to shoot off apples, but I found out that the spud gun is not finished yet)...
S. was my friend yesterday. And a fun little friend she is!
These next 6 pictures I took because I thought you, Cora would really think they were neat!
You'd never think this was a cake would you?
Yep, these three are too...
A bushel of apples. I was told that the cake weighed more than a regular bushel of apples. WOW!
Every thing on this one is edible except the wire on the handle...
A little cider jug...
This one here is just a sheet cake. But the decorations are still really nice...
The big apple cake (it actually was carrot cake:) had 8 layers. When I made a three layer cake for Daddy's b-day last year I thought that was hard. I don't know if I could ever do a eight layer cake! All those cakes were made by a lady that lives right near our friends who had the cider party. She has alot of talent doesn't she?
This is one of the little apple banks that they gave out to people when they left...
On the way home, we stopped at Junque & Necessities and Enoch got a pair of boots...

Well, that's all folks! I hope you did not mind the lots of pictures!

Until next time...

*Hannah*


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pictures!!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

~Jennifer

Kelsianne said...

Wow! Those cakes were amazing! Has she ever sold any of them? It must of been hard to cut them up! :)
Thank-you for sharing all of those pictures. It looks like you all had lots of fun.

God Bless,

Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks and sounds like alot of fun! I loved the pictures of the cake! :)

Amy said...

Those cakes are impressive!

Cora Beth said...

Those cakes are AMAZING!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures, Hannah. I think the bushel of apples is my favorite one.... It's always so fun to see other people's creativity. I can't imagine how much time it took the baker to make those cakes!

I'm glad you had a great time and thanks for taking and sharing so many pictures. :)

Blessings~
Cora