People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Still workin on my tally marks! But here is a recipe....

Michilimackinac Fudge Brownies

Here is a brownie recipe that I made yesterday. I made alot of the recipe up myself...so please make them and let me know if they turn out so that way I know if it really is an "official recipe"!


Preheat oven to 375 F.


Melt together over low heat stirring constantly:

8 ounces of unsweetened chocolate or, if you don't have that use 6 ounces of coco powder mixed with 2 ounce of oil

1 cup butter


Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes while you mix together until very light, using an electric mixer or a spoon and muscle:


5 eggs

3 C. sugar

2 t. vanilla

1/4 t. salt

This beating should take 8 minutes on high speed (that is why a mixer does a nice job :) Long beatings is what makes these brownies so good. Mix into the chocolate and butter:


1 1/2 unbleached white flour


Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined. Pour into a greased 9 x 13” pan.

Pour in zig-zags on top:

1 Recipe carmel (recipe below)


Cut the carmel into the brownie batter using a spatula.

Sprinkle on top:


Chopped walnuts


Bake for about 30 minutes or so. Be very careful not to over bake them. The brownies should still be very gooey inside. Let them cool before cutting...and they should be fudgey and delicious!

I truly hope this recipe works for you...Let me know if you make them!


Carmel


Put in a pan:

1/2 cup butter

About 2/3 C. brown sugar

1 T. water


Cook over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Cook for just a bit more being careful not to burn it. Cool. Use.


I am sorry I did not get a picture of the brownies...I had meant to, but they were pretty much gone before I could. :0)

Until next time...

*Hannah*

4 comments:

Kelsianne said...

That certainly looks scrumptious! :) How did you come up with the name?
Blessings,

Kelsey

Hannah said...

The word Michilimackinac means "the great turtle".
"michili" must mean "the great" because mackinac means "turtle". Also, what I read is that the land between the UP (upper peninsula) and the lower peninsula of Michigan is referd to as Michilimackinac. There is also a fort up by the UP called Fort Michilimackinac .
The word Michilimackinac is a native (michigan) indian word. So, I named my brownies that because I like words that are native to the state that I am native in :D and because If you read it all together it would mean "The Great Turtle Fudge Brownies"!
And I think fudge brownies with carmel in them are usually called Turtle Fudge brownies...
So that is how i came up with that name.

Anna Joy said...

Ah, so you decided to name them that! I still want some, by the way!

Hannah said...

Yup I did!
Maybe you can make them and then you can have some Anna!