People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, October 5, 2009

Random Pictures of Today...

Okay here are some pictures from today. They are not in order... Sorry, but I'm tired!

The Making Of the Doughnuts...
These doughnuts turned out alot better than the last time I made doughnuts. The cider was very good too!

Me and the lil' goat that we are trying to name "the perfect name"...
We want name ideas! She is too pretty to be a nameless goat! Do you have any ideas?
One Rule: No People names please! Thank-You!
Take the time to leave a comment with a name suggestion and ask your blogging friends to do the same! I am looking forward to what you will come up with!

Grace asked Nathanael to get her a carrot "I only need one" is what she told him. He came back with this...
If this isn't the biggest carrot, what is? I'd like to know.

Cider apples... the boys picked these so we could have fresh cider to go with our doughnuts this evening...

Rinsing them off. Don't worry they had NO CHEMICALS on them! They were ground apples so they had dirt on them...

Scrub a dub dub in a tub...

The Boys harvested the field corn today. And then put into shocks to dry...


I think the shocks look so nice! Our neighbor thought they were for decoration! I guess they do look decretive!



That's All Folks! Have a Good-Nights Rest!

10 comments:

Cora Beth said...

What a great post, Hannah!
My mom and I made some fried food today too--only it wasn't very sweet. :) We made onion rings...

That carrot IS huge! We have very big ones this year too, so maybe it's a very good carrot-growing year?

Your corn shocks look lovely--be they for decoration or not! :)

As far as the nameing the goat goes, I'll have to think some more...

Blessings on your busy days~
Cora

Jennifer said...

Wow! Those doughnuts look...Delicious!!! I'm going to have to make some. :-) That carrot is huge, did you look at the others and see if there all like that??!?!? Well, here are some names if I think of any more I will tell you know....

Clover, Nutmeg, Basil, Honey,.. I like spices for goat names, but that's just me. :-) She is pretty.. and the person she is with is too. :-)

~ Jennifer

Livvy said...

Hello Hannah!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!
You have a very lovely blog, and I love the pictures of your farm and family.

I hope we can keep in touch! :)

Blessings,
~Livvy

Anonymous said...

Hanna,

How about: Autumn, Brownie, Maple, Honey, patches???

The carrot is awesome!!! I've seen some big ones, but never that big!

Lovely corn, it looks so fall-ish!

Mary Cecilia.

Sarah said...

I enjoyed all of the photos in this post, Hannah! It looks like you have had some pleasantly full days. :)

Those doughnuts look delicious! And thank you for sharing the recipe for them. :) I might have to give them a try!

Your goats are beautiful! I wish that I could help you with a name, but unfortunately, I am terrible at coming up with names for animals! Hopefully you'll find a name for her soon.

That is definitely the biggest carrot that I have ever seen! I did not know they could get that large!

Thank you for sharing this fun post, Hannah! :)

Hannah said...

Yum Cora! I LOVE onion rings...well, I mean I REALLY like them!
Yeah, this year was a good carrot year!
Blessings on your day too! Thanks for commenting!
~Hannah

Hannah said...

I'll warn ya Jenn...one recipe makes ALOT! So, unless you want to eat doughnuts for breakfast,lunch, & dinner, you might want to make half a recipe!
Alot of our carrots were huge, but the one I pictured here is the biggest out of all of them.
I like the names! Nutmeg especially. I like spicy names too :)! We ahve a cat named Basil.
Thanks Jenn! I love you!
~Hannah

Hannah said...

I want to keep in touch too Livvy!
Thanks for commenting!
~Hannah

P.S.
I really liked the post you wrote on your blog about edifying writings.

Hannah said...

I like those names Mary! Autumn is my favorite out of all of them. Her (the goat) fur is sort of the color of fall leaves!
Thanks for commenting! I like comments!
~Hannah

Hannah said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this post Sarah! I enjoy your blog too!
That is the biggest carrot i have ever seen also...I did not know they could get that big either.
Thanks for commenting!
~Hannah