On Saturday, we stopped by a little country consignment shop in our area. Daddy and Mama bought me an Asian cookbook. Today for dinner, I planed a seven coarse meal...but it ended up being a six coarse meal because I let Nathanael make baked apples in stead of the caramelized Apple Rings that I was going to make (one last dish for me to make hee hee! and Nathanael loves to make baked apples)! The meal is all I did today...in the morning I planed out what I was going to make, then I did all the prep work...as soon as the prep work was done, I had a 30 minute span to walk my favorite goat in the woods...and then I came in and made the dinner...Grace was a tremendous help during the cooking time...and Enoch and Nathanael had fun making little garnishes and such! The meal consisted of... Chicken with Lemon Sauce, Egg Drop Soup, Spicy Fish Fritters (and tarter sauce), Stir-Fried Cabbage, Egg Fried Rice, Baby Ginger Rösti with Chili Bouquets, and then of course...there is Nathanael's delectable baked apples (at least I think they will be delectable...we have not eaten them yet they are still baking :)! You can figure out which is which in these next pictures...
I'll have to post the recipes when I am a little less tuckered out!
This is what I wore on my coat when I walked the goat...
This is what it says:
DOG WANTED
MUST FIT THESE DESCRIPTIONS:
~must not howl only bark when it must
~ has to be brown and/or brindled
~Friendly, yet protective, sheep herder, coyote scarer
~Big, Huge,Large
~Floppy ears (not pointed. ugh.)
~White paws (or at least 1 white paw)
~has to be a puppy
~not jumpy
~Indoor/outdoor dog
~Does not need to be chained
This is the dog I miss...
Dear good Prince got hit on the road this past January...I miss having a dog around...well, we do have dogs around, our neighbors dogs (actually they are Prince's boys!) but, Boo Boo and Nugget (that's their names) have more traits from their mother, who was mean and very howlly than they do from their father who was just the opposite!
So, I hope we can get a puppy soon...!
3 comments:
Hannah, your meal looks delicious!!! WOW!
Thanks for sharing,
Mrs. T
AMAZING---You did a lot of cooking today!!! Everything looks so much like pictures in a cookbook. :) I think the fish especially sounds delicious.
I'll pray for you to find the perfect puppy... We were in the same position as you about a year and a half ago and did a lot of praying before God helped us find our Millie. Our other dog had gotten killed by a vehicle also, but she didn't get run over. Rather, she ran into the vehicle--chasing after a rabbit or something. That was such a sad day...
Anyway, I enjoyed your picture-full post!
Sleep well~
Your dinner looks delicious.
Post a Comment