People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tally Marks

HINTS:
I WAS ASKED TO GIVE SOME HINTS AS FAR AS HOW MANY TREES WE HAVE ON OUR PROPERTY.... 2 1/2 OF OUR 20 ACRES ARE WOODS WITH LOTS OF TREES. THE OTHER 18 1/2 ACRES ARE PASTURE, BARN YARD,...ECT. BUT IN THOSE PASTURE, BARN YARD AREAS ARE ALSO TREES. SO I HOPE THAT GIVES YOU MORE OF AN IDEA! I DON'T EVEN KNOW EXACTLY HOW MANY TREES WE HAVE EITHER... IF YOU WANT TO THROW IN MORE THAN 1 GUESS YOU CAN!

Something I want to do before all the leaves fall, is to count how many of each kind of tree we have on our 20 acres. So today I started my counting. I went out with paper, a pen scrap fabric stripes (incase I needed to mark a spot) and scissors (to cut the fabric). I only got through a few of the trees before it became to dark to see the leaves. When I get it all the way done, I'll share it my tally marks with you! But I thought it would be fun if you would give a guess at how many trees total you think might be on our 20 acres! So you can leave me a comment with your guess and then when I am done counting, we can see who's guess is the closest to the real number! Just so you know, I am not counting every little sapling. I am counting the trees that are about 10" around or larger. That should kind of give you an idea. Our 20 acres is not all wooded some of it is pasture. I can't wait to see your guesses and the real number also!

Until next time...

*Hannah*



4 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... Without ever seeing your place, this is going to be hard to guess, but I'll just say, ah, well, how about.....????..... 5,873! I'm probably high, but I have no idea. :)
Sleep well and happy counting~
Cora

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

O.. I haven't been to your house in a while so I'll probably get no where close to how many there are... Can you give us hints? Like, is your 20 acres filled with trees or is there some spots where you've cleaned out alot of tree??
:-) I'll make a quess but I may change it on the way. :-).....

4,702!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a quess.

Have a good day,
Jennifer

Olivia Esther said...

ummmmmmmmm!!!! wow a real hard one I'm gonna say........767??????????