Well, I felt like I was today!
Since it was warmer today, all the little snow fleas were out and they speckled the white snow. It reminded me of the vanilla bean seeds in Breyer's Vanilla Icecream. When we were out skiing, Nathanael and I talked about what it would be like if all the snow really were icecream! We agreed it would be nice, but we would want there to be patches of chocolate icecream!
Nathanael and I did a little excursion into the forest today when out skiing. The snow was getting al bit soft. Not really soft, just a bit. When we would go down the hill we did not go super fast and we like to go super fast =D. So, we went into the woods. We followed deer trails. It was SO fun looking at all the tracks from animals and figuring out what kind of animals they were to and what the animals were doing. We came up to one tree that had bark and twigs scattered all around it. We figured out that it was from a porcupine. Way up in the tree was a spot where the porcupine chewed off all the bark- guess he had a yummy dinner!
It was fun to go down the hills in the woods steering around trees. We kept following different deer trails and crossed a dry creek bed. We finally ended up back on the power line and went home. I wanted to continue up the dry creek bed and come up to our property that way, but we decided not to. Oh, a few days ago when I was out skiing I came acrossed a certain something that I think will make a great mystery picture =D. I skied past it again today and I plan to go out there soon with the camera and take a picture of it. I think you all will enjoy figuring out what it is! Sound fun?

No comments:
Post a Comment