People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, February 8, 2010

Honest Opinions Please!

Okay, I drew something last night ,and I want your honest opinion on it!!
I don't care if you think it is super ugly and totally out of proportion!
I looked at this picture to draw the mouth,eyes, and nose. . .

And this picture to do the hat . . .

My results were. . .
This.
I think something needs to be done on the hat. The way the brim looks right now makes it almost look like big ears!!
Anyway, I want to know what you think of it. If you are an artist, tell me everything I did wrong- please! (Click on the picture to see it up close)
Thanks!

4 comments:

Rachel Grace said...

I have to say Hannah, you are much better at drawing faces than I am. You should see my attempts!
I think you are right about the hat, it could be straigtened out a little bit. Another thing is you could add some shading, I took a short drawing class about a year ago, and one of the things they stressed the most was adding shading. I don't know exactly how to explain it... I am sorry, I am NOT the expert at all. Look it up on the internet if you really want to learn about it.
Over all I think your drawing looks fine, I really like the collar of the dress, and the eyes you drew.
Love you Hannah!
Rachel Grace

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm no artist, but I think it'd look better if you made her left eye pupil more in the center, and her hat, when it comes down towards her chin, to move it up to her cheeks, and more perpendicular to the face, not along the curve of her cheek. Really good job on it so far! =D

Cora Beth said...

Dear Hannah~
I definitely am not an artist and must say your picture looks way better than any attempts I've made at drawing a face (consequently, I don't have any suggestions for you...) A few years ago, I followed the instructions in a book for drawing some jungle animals and they turned out really well, but that was with great instructions!


Keep up the good work~
Love,
Cora

Jessica Rebekah said...

Hannah, I couldn't draw a better picture! You did a good job! I used to draw a lot, not anymore though! Only now and then when I feel like it! I "used" to be good at drawing faces/people, not super! LOL :P

~Jessica