People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just some Pictures and Text:

The other day, Mama got me a sweet gift. It was a pretty gingham bag, jelly beans =D, and a very cute pair of pink little girls sandals.

I can hardly wait to put them on my own little girl someday!! They are a brighter/darker pink than they look in the picture. Mama got them because they reminded her of some times when I was a little girl =D.

I have been doing spelling lessons with my brothers. It has been a joy and a challenge. But I am enjoying every moment of it! I some some work sheets and spelling games that I found online. Today I told Nathanael I'd give him a jelly bean for every word he spelled correctly. He did well and got 20 beans in all.

Here are some pictures of the yarn I am making. I plied most of it today. I did not put on the jumbo flyer and so I had do break the yarn and I'll finnish the rest of it on another spool and then try to splice them together-- Mama told me it's easy. . . errrr. . . I've never done it before. . . it's one of those things where you don't really have a choice (unless I want to have two separate skeins, which I don't).

Oh yes, and of coarse I have been skiing ALOT! We went out today and Enoch brought out a sled he made out of two small skis and some scraps of wood. It was fun to sled down but tricky to steer and I never did make it all the way down without crashing a couple times. Understandably since I was laughing so hard =D!

Sorry I did not get a mystery picture posted up today. I am not really doing regular daily posts anymore, sort of a bit of a blog break =D.
But, my friend Jenn is having a mystery picture over at her blog "Walking. . ."
Good Night,

5 comments:

Charity Nee said...

I LOVE jelly beans - haven't had them in forever but when we travel across the country to visit family, jelly beans is mine and my mom's snack of choice!! lol and oreos too!! :)
nice pics - the shoes and bag are adorable!!!

Jennifer said...

oh! LOVE Jelly beans! Great pictures, and love the sandals!

~Jenn

Kyrie said...

Hey Hannah!

What a fun post!
So kind (and creative) of you to share your jellybeans ;) I hope you know how blessed you are to have so many brothers and sisters! I'm sure you do know - you always speak of them with such love and appreciation! Bless you!
Oh that yarn-making looks so fun!! I want to learn how to do that so bad! You've posted before about making and dying yarn, and I find that so interesting - I do alot of knitting and crocheting, (and other things as well - I love to make things! ;) ), but I'd have no idea where to even start in making my own yarn... I usually get mine from Wal*Mart :/ Is there any way you could let me know how to find out more about doing this? I love learning more about old-time traditions, homesteading, and that sort of thing!

I love all the skiing pictures you've been posting too! Looks like y'all are having a great time getting excersize and taking advantage of the SNOW! ;D

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Rachel Grace said...

Hi Hannah!
It is so kind of you to help give your brother spelling lessons... and share your jelly beans! I do some school work with my siblings sometimes... mostly math. The yarn you are spinning looks really nice! You are so talented!
Love you my friend,
Rachel Grace

Unknown said...

Hello Hannah~
I saw your little note at the bottom of your blog saying how you would like anyone who visits, to please leave a comment for you...so that's what I'm doing. :)
What a great idea - about giving jelly beans to your brother if he spells the words correctly. :) I shall have to try that with my sisters.
The yarn that you are making looks very nice! I, too, have a spinning wheel, but haven't had much time to sit down with it and work on making some yarn. I shall have to soon, though. I have a bunch of red-dyed wool that a friend of mine gave me and I know it would make some deliciously cozy yarn! :)
Wonderful job on your blog! Keep it up!
Blessings,
~Miss Raquel