. . .It's the story of the glory of God!"
Last night, we went to a church building that is in our area. They were having an Astronomy Night. We watched a dvd on all the planets and stars. It is so amazing the way everything is up there! It almost is baffling to think about!
Here is a couple questions they asked us there. You write your answers in a comment and I'll post the correct answers in a day or two.
Question 1: "How far do you think you can see with your naked eye on a clear day?"
Question 2: "How far do you think a sailor can see with his naked eye on a clear day out in the sea?"
Can't wait to see what you guess!
Today Mama and us children were looking on craigslist at various things.
Someone just posted a dog on there today and we are waiting to hear back from them to see if she is still available and we are waiting for Daddy to get back from town so we can tell him about it. Waiting can be hard sometimes :)!
Here is what they wrote about her:
Erica is collie and cattle dog. She loves to protect livestock and especially sheep. VERY VERY smart dog. Used to having the run of our property. She can even open the lever type doors!!! Wants to be right by your side all the time. She does NOT like other female dogs. She is an alpha female....3 yrs old and not fixed. LOVES to run with the 4-wheeler and will stay right with you no matter what!!!!

I think she is cute, do you?
We don't like to name our animals people names, so if we get do get her we want to change her name.
Grace thought of changing it to Eureka which is an exclamation that means "a cry of joy or satisfaction when one finds or discovers something"


3 comments:
She is a very lovely dog! And Eureka is a great name.
The picture you posted is fantastic, I am contiually amazed at all the Lord has created.
I like your new profile picture too!
Blessing in The Lord!
Rachel Grace
Hmmmm... I'm not very good at guessing these kinds of things, but I'll give it a try anyway. :)
I'll say: 5 miles if the land is flat (a lot further if you're on a mountain top!)
and: 6 miles if you're out at sea--on a calm day?
Please let us know as soon as you know more about the dog! I read that you'd like an Anatolian Shepherd, but I know they're hard to find, as our family read about that breed and were keeping our eyes open for one and weren't succesful.
I think "Eureka" would be a cute name for a dog you've been searching for for a long time, as around here, Eureka means "I found it!" :) My mom actually grew up in the town of Eureka, SD!
So, I'll be praying for you to know God's will about getting Erica..... Getting a new dog is always so exciting! :)
Love you,
Cora
Aww, what a very cute doggie! :D I hope you can get Erica! Eureka, good idea - very nice name for her! My mom and I also don't like giving our pets peoples names, except for my Dad, sis and Gran. That's why half our pets have peoples names! LOL
I wanted to call my cat (Thomas) "teddy bear" because, he's so soft, fluffy and cute and round, just like a teddy bear, but anyway, his name kind of suits him! lol
Mom wanted to call our dachshund "Hobbit" because of her size, but my Dad and Gran liked "Maggie" so she was named Maggie, two against one! LOL
Anyway the Astronomy Night sounds very interesting! I'm very interested in "Astronomy" - I often post about it on my blog, not sure if you've seen any of my posts! :)
Between, I love your new background and header!! :D Very pretty!
Love
~> Jess
Post a Comment