Today the Lord brought 1 Peter 5:7 to mind:
"Cast all your cares on him, because he cares for you."
After that verse was brought to mind, I thought of a favorite song of mine that I had not sang in awhile. I played it on the guitar for a while, then on the piano, then sang it while I played. And then throughout the day I was either thinking about the verse, the song, or singing the song. Just having such wonderful thoughts on my mind was a blessing. I was able to stay focused on Christ and and not the things that would get me so frazzled had it been otherwise! "O how I love thy law! It is my meditation all the day." Psalm 119:97 Oh I want to be able to say that everyday. By meditating on God's law, His instructions, we become so much closer to HIM.
I thought I would share the words of the song with you. Maybe sometime I could share the melody too.
Cast your cares upon Him.
Lay your life upon Him,
for only He is worthy to stand.
In tribulation, trials, and sorrow,
when you can't see through tomorrow,
He'll reveal to you, the frailty of a man.
We must go, as a light, to the nations.
Take up the cross and follow where He leads.
We must go, as a light, though the nations.
Prepared to wear His crown of thorns, and to bring His peace.
Will you reach to love your neighbor,
Will they see the eyes of the Savior
shining through, the charity you give?
Will you heed His call to follow?
You must lay down your life to follow,
for only when you die, are you free to live.
Cast your cares upon Him.
Lay your life upon Him,
He is faithfulness, and love who’s always there.
Will you take His cross to bear,
will His love be what you freely share?
In humility, cast down your care.


3 comments:
What wonderful lyrics. :) It is such a blessing that God knows all of our worries and problems.
-M
Hi Hannah!
Thank you for joining the challenge on my blog! You are more than welcome to post about the challenge over here - that would be great!!
I've added you to the link list;)
Love,
Jenna
Wonderful verse and song! :D
Thanks for sharing the song!
Post a Comment