People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, January 18, 2010

Just for Today

We woke up earlier than normal today-- or at least it was earlier for me =D I am a very stay up late sort of a person and so when I woke up at 6:30 this morning, that was pretty good. Oh, and I was not the last one to get out of bed either :P!! The reason for the early rise was that our friend was coming to do the drywall in the certified (to be) kitchen!! Very exciting. He with the help of Daddy and my brothers got all of it hung and put alot of the mortar-y whatchamacallit stuff on.
He is coming again tomorrow to do more work. Sorry I did not get any pictures to share. . . maybe I can tomorrow! Today was also the day Mama had her orthopedic appointment. The guy said everything is healing well and she does not need to use the crutches or wear the big knee immobilizer anymore and that she can start trying to practice walking normal instead of favoring the hurt knee. So, that was good news! Praise the Lord!
Tonight I found a nice site that has really nice free blogger backgrounds. I had never heard of it before. Go check it out! http://www.scrap-e-blog.blogspot.com
Grace and I are going to try doing this facial thing tonight that our older sister told us about. First you take egg whites and rub them on your face (hmmm... ), let them dry, and carefully rub them off. Then you take sugar and berries and rub it on your face (very weird) and rinse it off.
Next, you put yogurt on your face (that makes more sense). After rinsing off the yogurt, you finally put on a night cream or some kind of facial cream (ah, nice). So, we will see what happens when we do this!! I want to get going because Grace is already at the yogurt part.

But, one thing more, we heard today that some dear friends of ours that we have know for years got in a bad car crash. Please keep them in your prayers.
Thank you,
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kelsianne said...

Rubbing egg white on your face may seem weird, but I've read that it is good for your face! :)
Natural remedies are the best! It's God's perscription!

Kelsianne said...

Mom just told me that egg white tightens the pores. It's good for your skin!

Kelsey

Mary Ann said...

I'll be looking for some pictures of your beauty treatments!! Always enjoy your posts!

Rachel Grace said...

I am so happy that your mother is getting better Hannah! I hope you have a nice time doing the facial thing with Grace! I would love to see how it turned out, or maybe you could write about it... 'Cause I might want to try it!
Love you!
Rachel Grace