People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What went on today and some pictures!

This morning, Mama, Grace and I went over to my sister's house. Mama and R. went into the little village near where my sister lives to go to the library and the grocery store. Grace and I stay back with J. and Izzy. It was alot of fun taking care of them. We had P&J sandwiches together, played trucks, danced to "Banana Phone" and "Flying lesson"
"...So, flap your wings, Flap, flap them two times. Flap, flap, flap three times. Now flap them four..."
read books, played hide and seek, put Izzy down for a nap, cuddled, and of course we giggled!! Mama got me 3 books at the library. I had started reading one of them at R.'s house a few weeks ago and now Mama checked it out at the library. I already finished it this everning and can't wait to start the next book in the series! The title of the book is My Father's World by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. Have any of your read it before??
The kitchen is coming along nicely. The drywaller man is coming again tomorrow and by then the job should be done. On thursday, another friend of ours is coming to paint!!!! We are all so happy that this is all going up so smoothly! I did get a couple pictures today. . . here you are:
And here is a few other pics. . .

Me, Enoch and Nathanael cleaning out some wild hand harvested water cress that grace and the boy's got when they went skiing (I never did end up going that day ;)

For dinner tonight, I cooked up some squash to go with some leftover soup. Grace and I are taking turns making dinner every evening. Today was my day. I had to think of something quick an easy since we were at my sister's a good part of the day. The leftover soup came in handy!

Nathanael loves origami. Mama recently got him a book of origami paper and he has been having fun with it.

The other morning, it was really foggy out. I took this picture of one of our apple trees when I was up above our bakery building hanging laundry.
Isn't it lovely?

I'll try to get a mystery picture posted sometime on Wednesday. As of right now, I don't know what I will do, but maybe tomorrow I'll spot something interesting. I'll probley post the picture either in the afternoon or evening depending on how the day goes.
Good Night!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

My Father's World and the entire set of Michael Phillips books is probably my favorite set of books. I own the whole series and have been thinking about reading it again.

Always enjoy reading your blog posts.

Taylor said...

Hi Hannah,
It sounds like y'all had a nice day! The kitchen looks like it's coming along nicely... I bet that's exciting!! :) I really enjoyed reading this post, and that last picture of the snow is so pretty!

Blessings,
~Taylor

Cora Beth said...

Dear Hannah~
WOW--your kitchen is coming along so nicely! Is it attached to your house or is it in a totally different building? I'm assuming you're building it so you can sell baked/canned goods at your market? It looks so nice and big...

I don't think we have water cress around these parts, so you could have posted that as a mystery picture and I would have been stumped. :)

I'm going to look for those books at our library next time someone's going there. Of the last books you'd recommended, the only one that our library had was "Wild Trek", so my brothers picked it up for me--along with another book by the same author, "The black fawn". I've read both and today Andrew took "Wild Trek" along to town and almost had it finished when he got back. :) I like how resourceful Link was in that story...

What else was I going to comment on... Oh yes--I was just going to say that Andrew & I used to do a LOT of origami also and we still have some of our creations. :)

Well, I should get to bed. This comment is getting rather long!

Blessings~
Cora