People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some Thoughts Of Today...

My sister is having another guessing picture! To see the picture and to guess, you can go to her blog "The Upper Road".


Today was a beautiful snowy day. I did some laundry and cleaned out one of our refrigerators that we use for our milk. Since out cow and goats are giving less milk now, we don't need a whole fridge just for milk. But come spring, when all our cows and does freshen we will have alot of milk!


It is only eight days to my birthday! Today something came in the mail that I was not supposed to see, and there have been whispers in corners when I am out of hearing... Hmm... what is up?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through every darkness there is a light, so look
deep inside of yourself find
the smallest light and let it shine
through the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This evening I read the above, and i thought i would share it with all of you. it encouraged me alot. sometimes we can get so deep in despair, like i did today. but like i found out, our lord is always there to pick us up hold our hand and guide us through life. he has really been showing me how much i have to be thankful for. Wow! So much! When i think of all the things around me that i can be thankful for, i can't help but praise my maker! Praising him just makes me soar!

when i praise him, my troubles flee and are no more. about a week ago, i read this on hope's blog and it was encouraging to me.



"Then finally I found some guidance again. I realized that right now, I'm warm. I'm clothed. I'm sheltered. I'm nourished. I've got everything that I need right now. This is where I found God. His name was, is, and always will be a part of 'I am.'"


Whenever I get upset about everything, I know that the present is my only point of power. I can't change the past. I can't predict the future. I just have to deal with now.

I can feel the power of prayer working within me. God can only come to you when you open up a channel through prayer, contemplation, or meditation. It can only be received here now. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. But now.


As 'Now' is a very small space, there is only room for God OR problems. Both can't fit in there together. So I choose God and I know that he is always there to help me."



So, lets not let the troubles of this life get us down, lets focus on christ! Anyway, that is just what i have been thinking about and i thought i'd share it.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Thank you, Hannah, for sharing all this with us--and the words to the song that was a blessing to you today! Isn't it wonderful how a song can minister to a heart so beautifully?

May we all cast our cares upon Him this day; this week; this month; yes--this year~

Love you,
Cora

Unknown said...

Thanks you for commenting on my blog! I have enjoyed yours. We have around 20 animals. You say you have goats too? I love ours, but we are going to have to give them away :( Have a great week, and STAY WARM! :D
(where do you get all of your old pictures? I like!!!)
Hannah (Devoted Daughter)