People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yesterday's Skiing

Yesterday I went out skiing with Grace and Nathanael. We had alot fun. We only went to the first big hill along the power-line, and went up and down it. We like to go down with no ski poles just for the fun of it. So, we all left our poles at the top of the hill and then when we go down the hill we spread out our arms and the wind rushes past us! The hill has places where you have to turn, twist and steer at the same time you going downhill. It is hard to explain =D! Maybe when we go out today I'll bring the camera and take some pics/videos.
One time when I went down I was steering around a hill then I went down into this little dip and did a big belly-smack my head hit the snow really hard. It hurt for a little bit but not too bad and I was soon up and skiing again. Another time I was at the bottom of the hill and Grace and Nathanael were half-way up, when I heard a scream to the west of us (which would be the way that we would go home). I was so scared. I knew the only animal out there that would make a sound like that would be a cougar. I asked Grace and Nathanael if they heard it and they said yes. I said "it's a cougar! what are we going to do?" I did not know why Grace and Nathanael had a look on their faces like they were pretending to be scared. Grace actually looked like she was about to laugh! All I was thinking about was that we'd have to get to the top of the hill and get home in a round-about way since the cougar was right on our path home.
Nathanael said "Com'on Hannah, hurry! fast! we've got to get to the top of the hill!" I told him to talk quieter. But then Grace did laugh out loud and I turned around to see Enoch skiing down the hill behind us right were the noise from the "cougar" was! Since I was at the bottom of the hill I could not see Enoch but Grace and Nathanael could and they played scared =D. I laughed when I realized that the cougar was my brother =D! Nathanael told Enoch that my face was ashen white when he screamed! I hope we never meet up with a real cougar!
Got to go!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Skier,
I feel very uncomfortable that I was not able to ski with you, but I will rest and wait knowing that Father has something planned. It is amazing to me how he has healed my small avulsion fracture from the first ride down that hill! It amazing to have felt the great pain and only weeks later I now can bend my knee- We are truly fearfully and wonderfully made.
mama

Rachel Grace said...

Skiing sounds like so much fun, I am so glad that you did not get hurt when you fell down. Your cougar experience is sort of funny :). I have never had anything happen to me like that, and I probably would not have responded as well as you!
My favorite color is violet-ish/purple-ish. Oh, I like light yellow also, I enjoy looking at all of the wonderful colors that the Lord has made though. Why do you ask? Love you my friend!
Blessings,
Rachel Grace

Hannah said...

Rachel,
The reason I asked is because you have a birthday coming up- don't you?
Smiles,
Hannah

Hannah said...

I wish you could come out skiing too Mama! Next year =D! I am SO glad your knee is healing!
Love you,
Hannah

Marissa said...

My sister likes to scare me too because she knows I almost always fall for it! It's nice to know that other people have the same problem! :) (grin)

Cora Beth said...

It sounds like you have a lot of fun with your sibling too! :) Meeting a real cougar certainly would not be one of my dreams come true either... Do you have cougars living around you at all? Sometimes we have mountain lions in the area, although I've never seen one thankfully!!!

Love you~
Cora

Jessica Rebekah said...

Sounds like you and your sibling had a lot of fun skiing! :D
Looking forward to the pictures!

Oh, ouch I bet that hurt - but glad you didn't hurt yourself badly when you fell!

Oh, my that would have been very scary if it was a real cougar - glad it wasn't! We don't have cougar's/mountain lions here in SA!

~Jess

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun!
:-) Hope to see you soon!

~Jenn

Charity Nee said...

i love skiing! haven't gone this yr yet tho... funny about the cougar!! oh well...
hugs!