My friend Rachel Grace, was having a giveaway not too long ago and she also had sort of a "surprise prize" that she would give to the second name she picked. Well, I happened to be that second person and just today in the mail I got a package from Rachel Grace containing some pretty lace and ribbon! Thank You so much Rachel Grace!
Well, today was mostly spent in town. Mama had went to town earlier this morning because she really liked the market last week and wanted to set up this week as well. Then latter on in the morning Daddy, Enoch, Nathanael, and I all went to town also. First stop was at Mijers, then we went and saw Mama at the market. After the market, we went to the ski swap and got some shoes for Mama and a pair of poles for Nathanael. The ski swap was crowded! Most of the people there were either getting downhill skis or snowboards. But, there were a few others getting X-country like we were. I like to go X-country skiing ALOT but I think it would be fun to go downhill sometime! When I go X-country though I love to go down HUGE hills, but if I were to be wearing downhill skis I wouldn't ever crash like I sometimes do with X-country; Because downhill skis are alot smaller and you can have better control over them, where as X-country are really long so that way they can carry your weight over the deep snow.
After the ski swap Daddy dropped me off at the library while he and the boys went to Walmart.
Then they came and picked me up (I got lots of good reading books! Yay!).
After the library we went to Gander Mountain so they could get some gun cleaner and brushes...(I stayed in the car munching on one of the books I got)!
We got home about 5-ish... Mama was not home yet. She latter told us that she stopped at the library so that is why she got back latter. We just missed her at the library she got there minutes after we left! Grace made some delicious chili and cornbread that we ate for dinner... and she made some delectable apple pie too!
Tomorrow is opening day of rifle season!!!! David is going over to my brother in laws place to hunt in his woods. My brother in law is at a deer camp for the weekend so he told David he could hunt at his place. He gave David one rule: "Don't get anything bigger then a 10 point, because that's for me"! Yep, thats my brother in law...! I do hope David gets a deer...even if it's a spick buck!!! Hee hee! I'm tired. GOOD NIGHT TO ALL OF MY BLOGGER PALS!
Pigeons on top of Mijers...
6 comments:
Sleep well (and happy book munching!)
~Cora
Wow! That was the quickest comment I think I have ever got!
Sweet dreams to you! And yes, I will be book munching alot in the next few days!
~Hannah <3
Cross country skiing is one of my favorite activities too. I've never been down-hill skiing and am afraid I would break something if I tried.
Sounds like you had fun skiiing! I love skiiing but have never done x-country skiing, I had never heard of cross counrty skiing until reading this post. Enjoy your book munching! :) :) :)
Blessings,
Maggie
I'm sure you were really excited to get that ribbon and lace... it's gorgeous!
I've never been skiing, and I probably would not be very good at it if I tried, lol! Sounds like you really enjoy it though. :)
Have fun with your books!!
~Taylor
I am so glad that you liked the ribbons Hannah! I hope that you do something special with them:).
Blessings,
Rachel Grace
Post a Comment