People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Todays doings and thoughts

Mmmmm....! I just finished a yummy dinner of Daddy's crêpes. They were really good! He also made some yummy pumpkin custard... delectable!
Mama, Grace and I had a wonderful time together at market. First we set up our stand, and then Mama dropped Grace and I off at the library. We got 3 books. None of them were the books I was reading at my sister's... :( But, they are some nice ones. While we were at the library, we saw some of our neighbors who lived by us at our house we used to live in. They have 7 adopted children. They are all very sweet. When we lived at our other place, they adopted the first little girl from China. Then just before we moved, they adopted their 7th, another girl. They have 3 boys and 4 girls. I can tell they are loved so much. We only met up with the mother and her daughters. I don't think the girls remembered us very well because they were so young when we knew them. I have so many wonderful memories playing together! Grace and I walked the three miles from the library to the market. It was a nice walk.
On the way back from the market, we stopped at goodwill. Grace and I found some nice things!
This is what I got:
A lace-type sweater. It is a whitish-cream colored, with a empire waist and long sleeves that sort of flare out at the end.
A bright pink overall style jumper that has patchwork and beaded butterflies embellishing it.
A white turtleneck shirt to go with the jumper.
A black wool coat. It is the kind that have four big black buttons to close it up. Not a barn coat at all!
A pair of purple leggings. They are for when I go skiing. I wear them under my dress. They are big enough that I can wear some warmer sweatpants or something underneath.
That's what I got! Everything I got was half off !!!! Real deals! Even the coat! A wool coat for only $2.something! Yes, real deals indeed!
Latter,
Hannah

P.S. I decided to take a few pics of what I got. So here ya are!

4 comments:

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Pumpkin Custard!? Please share the recipe! :>)

Taylor said...

I love everything you bought! My Mom and sisters and I LOVE shopping at thrift stores. That's where we get 99% of our clothing! What's neat is a lot of times we get like-new stuff for really cheap prices.

That's so neat that you ran into that family in the library. 7 adopted children? Wow! I'm sure you were excited to see them again. I love children! :)

~Taylor

Cora Beth said...

It looks like you're a good shopper!!!
I too wear skirts/dresses all Winter long and just wear leggings of various different sorts underneath for warmth while doing chores. It works well and, outside of my waistline being somewhat larger from the layers, I feel feminine that way. :)

Sweet dreams~
Cora

Kelsianne said...

It's always exciting to find a bargan!(s) Goodwill is a great place to find them. :)
God Bless,
Kelsey