People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just for Today

This morning when I was working on the computer the power unexpectedly went out. I'm not sure why it did, it was all nice and sunny out not too windy and definitely not stormy! So, after we ate breakfast I did not have to do breakfast dishes! I hung some wet laundry out on the line and took in the dry laundry. After doing lessons, Nathanael went and helped David butcher up some lambs and Enoch, Grace, and I went with Daddy to our neighbors woods to cut down a tree and gather up the wood. By the time we got back, the power was on and Grace started making dinner. Daddy and the little boys went out squirrel hunting but the did not get anything this time. I worked some more on folding laundry and did other things in between! Mama got back just in time for dinner (she went out to town to do some stuff). And, now I am just sittin here a-typin away! But, there is still a couple more things I'd like to do before completely retiring for the night, so I'd best leave you with these few pictures and wish you a "Good night" and "Sweet dreams to you"!

Counting the rings to see how old the tree was."63 years old!"...

Waiting for Enoch come the marking stick so Daddy could cut up the tree...

The sky was SO lovely and blue!

Enoch making notches...

Grace cutting up the log (not really :)

Carrying logs to the truck...

Heave it up there girl!
Standing on the stump for a pose!

Today was the first time this year I went out to get fire wood I've out the past years but for some reason I just never did this year. I guess my younger brothers are getting older so it's not like me and Grace have to go out, but it is SO fun!

8 comments:

Cora Beth said...

It's a good thing you're strong girls... :) I always enjoy seeing pictures of your life!

Christine said...

Hannah, I am so glad you got out this year! It is wonderful to be blessed with such kind neighbors isn't it? I thought the sky was a lovely blue yesterday too! Your eyes are a pretty shade of blue green too! I am so happy about your journal pages, they really bring alot of joy to my heart!
Love you much!
Mama

Rachel Grace said...

You must have had fun wood chopping.. it's so refreshing isn't it Hannah!
Rachel Grace

Hannah said...

I enjoy your pictures too Cora!

Hannah said...

Yes, it is wonderful to have kind neighbors Mama!
I love you much too!

Hannah said...

YES! It is refreshing Rachel Grace! Do you chop/gather fire wood too?

Rachel Grace said...

Yes, my family does Hannah, we go up to a friends large property and chop/gather fire wood for their family and ours. Our main heat in the winter is our fire place so we need alot of wood!
Rachel grace

Hannah said...

Rachel Grace,
Our main (only actually) heat in the winter is wood too. We have a furnace and a wood cook stove. We had some friends that lived near us and we would all go out to the woods together and gather in firewood...but now they moved down to TN. I miss gathering in wood with them but I have wonderful memories!
<3 Hannah <3