People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It snowed today!!!!

Today Me, Mama, and Grace went over to my older sister's house and did felting. We had never done felting like this before so it was all new to us! It was lots of fun! I felted mine last (sort of planed it that way so I could learn from everyone else's mistakes! And that's fair too 'cause I'm the youngest!!!!) so now mine is still not all the way done (the time ran away fro us:) but I hope to finish it soon!
Here I am arranging the wool on a feed sack...
(by the way the skirt and shirt I'm wearing is the "new" one I got from goodwill)
Lookin good...
Felting!!!!
Here Grace is doing the same thing...
Here she is at the rolling part...
:)
Rolly-Polly...Rolly-Polly!
"I think I'll make a hood..."
R. is doing the main base on hers...
After the brown she put on some mottled green roving and some mohair locks "just to see what they'd do!"
The locks look really pretty!
See? you can get a better look at 'em in this picture...I like the way they kept their curl!
Finished felt...like I said, mine is not done yet... :(
The ring thing on top is...well...keep reading...
Mama was the first one to "dive in"
Mama's piece turned out rather "holey" but she was able to make a nice head-band/ear warmer (*see picture above*)
Me and dear little M.
I love his giggles and smile...they are a gift from God that cheers me when I'm down!
Darling...
Yes, I had a fun time felting today... seven hours strait...at one point I just ran outside and had a romp with the dog because I needed some fresh air in my head!
Tomorrow we plan to go to town with R. (and babies too :) to get some embellishments for our felt! So it'll be fun...we already planed to go to Goodwill (it's not like I need anything...but...ummm...I think you know what I mean...It's hard to resist at least a bit of thrift shopping)!

Now last but not least...I need to tell you about yet another GREAT giveaway!
Hannah (another Hannah...not me!) is giving away 4 different things!
No, I'm not going to tell you what they are...! Go see for yourself...they are ALL really nice!
Click on her button to get there!


Oh and one more giveaway...you have just a bit of time to enter...it ends on friday!
Click HERE to get to it!

2 comments:

Rachel Grace said...

Hannah,
You have a very nice blog. The love of Jesus just radiates from your writing! Thank you for blogging about my giveaway.
Blessings,
Rachel Grace

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a fun and enjoyable day, Hannah! Like you, I too love shopping at thrift stores! And it looks like you found a nice skirt and top at one. :) It is always fun to find something like that!