People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hello Everybody!


I am tired! I did dishes today. I helped Grace make pizza for dinner. I milked the cow for David and the goats for Grace (Enoch and Nathanael helped me too). Here are some pictures:
Or wait just a minute...my baked apple just got out of the clay oven and I have to go eat it when it is HOT! Daddy and Nathanael made apple dumplings and I made a baked apple we put them in the oven and they baked really nicely. Ok I'll be right bake I mean back!
I back and Oh yummy! Again Here are some pictures:

Grace is making the mozzarella
The clay oven all fired up

Grace and I shaping the pizzas
Putting on the toppings

Sliding the pizzas into the hot oven


The finished thing


Mama had me take pictures of the delicious apple dumplings! When everyone else saw how yummy they where they all wanted some too, so the dumplings were divided and everyone got some!
The proud bakers


Everyone eating the apples except David. He was in there but not in the picture ( his choice:)
I'm in there too! See me hanging up there on the wall? Only I am four years old and am holding strawberries not apples!

My apple.

5 comments:

Cora Beth said...

I love all of your pictures. :)

That's some very stretchy mozzarella cheese!

I'm very impressed with your clay oven!!! Did your family build it? Do you use it often? Can you use it year 'round?

(Your pizzas and apples look very delicious, by the way!)

Have a great new week~

Cora B.

Hannah said...

Goodmorning!
Thanks Cora. Yes, we did build the clay oven. My brother David was the main one who did it but we all got in there and helped! We happened to find the clay on our property when we dug for bakery (which is still in progress). Then any extra clay we needed we got down at the river which is only a few miles from our place. The clay was mixed with water, straw, cow manure,and I think some sand too.
~ Hannah

Anna Joy said...

Hello Hannah,
I ran across your blog a few days ago and from looking through your pictures I think that you might live near us! We live in Bear Lake, Mi. Am I right? :)

Hannah said...

Thanks for the comment Anna!
It was nice to hear from you!
Remember when we would get together with Bylers and Yoders and we would all sing together?
Are you living in that same area of Bear Lake?
~Hannah

Anna Joy said...

Wow, now that you mention it, yes I do! I haven't thought of that in a long time! Yup, we still live right down the road from the Yoders.