I wrote a letter to my dear friend who lives in VA today. I had just written it and I ran down to the cabin to get a stamp and right when I was running back up from the cabin I saw the mail lady drive away from our mailbox. I was so disappointed. I did all that rushing just for...oh I'll put it the mail tomorrow. As far as tomorrow, well you'll just have to wait for tomorrow to see! I'll tell you one thing...we have a fun day trip planed for tomorrow!
I helped Grace do salsa today. If you want to see pictures of the salsa you can go to her blog.Tomorrow night we are supposed to get a hard frost, so we are going to harvest all our garden stuff. I am to hustle off to bed right now because we have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning!
Good-Night Dear Ones! Sweet Dreams!
Today when I was heading downstairs, I happened to glance at the wall and what i saw made me shudder:
Would YOU shudder if you saw this?
David, Enoch, and Nathanael braided onions today.
When Zach came he thought they were really cool.
I think they are so pretty don't you?
7 comments:
Dear Hannah~
I hope you have a great time--wherever you go!
The onions ARE very pretty. :) I'll have to post pictures sometime of how we do our onions. (It's not near as pretty as your way, but it works...)
As far as spiders go, we constantly have yucky ones down in our basement too.
I hope you get all of your garden things in before the frost. We had a light frost last night, but my mom woke up early and sprayed everything down with cold water--which works to revive everything as long as the frost wasn't too severe. Everything looked fine this morning, so that's a relief! We did get a lot of the produce in yesterday, but there's still so much more out there!
By the way, I really liked the pictures of all your squash in the last post--especially the one marked, "Seed!" I see you grow Hubbards too... This was our first year growing them, so now we'll get to experiment with using them. Do you have any favorite ways of preparing it?
Well, I should sign off here before this becomes a letter instead of a mere comment! :)
Good night~
Hannah,
Were you able to harvest everything? We're supposed to get a hard freeze tonight, but as you saw our garden, there's nothing to worry about out there these days! :-) Your onion braid is beautiful!
Enjoying your blog!
Mrs. Thomas
Nope, I wouldn't shudder! :) First I'd squawk, then I'd tell myself how silly I am, then I'd kill it. ;)
We did have wonderful time Cora!(we just got back).
I'll write a post on our trip latter.
Onion braiding was a first for us but I think we will always do them that way now. We like to bake Hubbards in our clay oven and just eat them like other squash.
I like long comments!
Hannah
Hi Mrs.Thomas,
we plan to harvest tonight.
I'm glad you enjoy my blog! I enjoy doing it!
Do you have a blog too?
~ Hannah
Believe me Anna, I'v done that too! This spider was SO huge that I couldn't even scream! As far as killing it...my youngest brother has it in a jar. I don't think he has the jar in his room...
~Hannah
Hannah,
I was so happy to get your letter!!! I thought it came in record time, lol, even though I have been busy (that might have accounted for some of that). And that spider is AWESOME!!!
I miss you :(
Beth
Post a Comment