People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Week-End and what went on...



I have not written a post for five days! This is going to be a big long post with lots and LOTS of pics! Here are is what went on and below are the pics and descriptions!

FRIDAY: market, went on walk at market with Olivia, took lots of pictures,retrieved my lost purse,played "who?,what?,where?, when?,why?" with Priscilla, Emma,and Israel.

SATURDAY: cleaned house and got cabin and other stuff ready for Mr. Todd, Mrs. Becky, and Family,David scythed all the buckwheat,mama and Mrs. Becky went and got fruit and ginger from local farms,Me, Grace,Enoch,and Nathanael played indians with G,N,D,M and T,Men and Boys went to woods to get firewood,Girls made cookies while they were gone,Mr. Todd made chicken and rice in the dutch oven for dinner, Mrs. Becky made the dutch oven cobbler for desert with the cookies and icecream,Zach came for dinner.

SUNDAY: all the guys big and small left at 4:30 in the morning to go fishing with salmon fishing with Mr. Todd's friend Fred way out in lake MI, N and G helped do all the barn chores, N, me and Grace all made puff pancakes with peaches and pears for "ladies only" breakfast, all the gals big and small went on a walk down to the creek and had a great time, the guys went out to the woods when they got back to get more firewood(they caught 3 fish),Mr. Todd grilled the salmon(YUMMY STUFF!!!!!!!!), Mrs. Becky made spaghetti, Mama made dutch oven baked potatoes, and every one helped out with everything,Mr. Ron and Mrs. Barb came with their family for dinner,Zach came latter on too, all the children played kick the can,capture the flag, red rover- red rover,and other games, everyone sang around the campfire, and roasted, toasted, s'mores, Then at dark-thirty (late) the vehicles left our driveway as everyone headed towards their beds.

Monday: Rested from the wonderful week-end

Here is me and Olivia. It took us a while and some hard laughing to get the right picture! Even this one did not turn out quiet how we wanted it, but it is okay!


There is a really fun rope swing made for crossing the creek. It was so fun swinging across! Here Enoch is swinging. The pic is blurry (sorry).


And Me! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......!!!!!!!!!!


My happy energetic brother Nathanael hanging from a crashed tree.

Olivia took this picture of me. Thanks Liv!

This is David scything the buckwheat.

M and T dancing while I play piano.

Hanging laundry on the line.

Me and T dressed up as Indians!


Making some food by mixing corn, peaches, sunflower seeds and banana together. Then we ate it in corn husks. Yummy? (actually it was not bad:)!


Daddy, Mr. Todd, and David cutting and chopping firewood.


Eating cookie dough!



M getting ready to put the cookies in the oven.



Licking the spoon.



The finished cookies filled, and dusted.



Taste- Testing. " Yum! The cookies are yummy!"


Mrs. Becky working on making the cobbler with...

...N! (tasting the batter for the picture:)


Here everyone is waiting for Mr. Todd to dish up the cobbler.



Here is me and T.

She would always come up to me and say: "Me, me wans som'un hol me"!



Gloria holding Daffy-Down Dilly (my kitten).



Reel it in Enoch!


All right! You got 'im!

L to R: Fred, Todd, Enoch, D,Nathanael,David, Daddy.
Daddy caught one, Enoch one, and David's busted the line. The 3rd one was found fresh in the water. So they netted it up and brought it home!


Just heading out to the creek.


Walking up the creek.


What do you see M?

Walking home.








6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun and delightful weekend you had, Hannah! Thank you for sharing all of the photos as I enjoyed them! :)

Hannah said...

You are welcome Sarah! Thanks for commenting!

Cora Beth said...

Hello Hannah,
Thanks so much for the helpful tip on what to do for skunk aromas! I was seriously pondering whipping up a batch of the wash, but when I went out and smelled the van, there wasn't hardly any bad smell left, so I'll just put the recipe in a file for future mishaps. :)

I really like all the pictures you have posted here--of your family and you! It's especially so nice to see ladies who look like ladies... Would it be alright with you and Grace if I add links to your blogs on my blog?

Blessings on your day and thanks again for the helpful little recipe~
Cora

Becky said...

These are great. I thought "Hey, some of those are my pictures" Then I remembered you uploaded them straight from the memory card.

I guess I'd better get caught up on my blog...maybe I will send everyone here. I have a lot of sewing to do before my brother's wedding.

Anonymous said...

Hi, You don't know me...but Becky does. I'm just part of the "everybody" that Becky directed here from her blog to see photos of the weekend they spent with you. I loved your photos, especially the B&W one of N.N. on the swing. ~JILL~

Hannah said...

Thanks Jill for the comment! The pic of N.N. is one of my favorites too!