People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Honest Scrap


RULES: If you are awarded this is what you do:
1. Say thanks and link to the person who gave you the award. (Thank you, CORA BETH!) :D

2. Copy the above image and paste it at the top of your "Honest Scrap Award" post.

3. Share ten "honest" things about yourself.

4. Award this to seven people who's blog design/content you admire or who have encouraged you, and inform them of their win and of the rules of this award.

Here are ten honest things about myself...
1: I am very much of an avid reader. I don't take long to finish a book and my oldest brother David tells me that I read books too fast, and at the end, I don't remember any details...(but...I DO!!!!). I love my siblings!

2: I play three instruments, the piano, the guitar, and the mandolin. I have always wanted to play every instrument in the world...now I realize that I probley never will do that, but I do hope to play more than just piano,guitar and mandolin! My next two instruments that I want to play is the dobro and the fiddle. I don't really care for band instruments although they do sound nice in a band. My two favorite drums are the african drum and the celtic drum. I love singing praises to my Maker while I play and I also love playing piano while Mama plays her flute.

3:I don't have alot of friends that live near me, but I enjoy pen-paling to all my friends who have moved or always lived out of state. My friends that do live near me (Grace and Olivia) are so special and we have lots of cherished times together! I have 5 best friends and those are my five siblings who I love so much. And my brother-in -law too! Of course I have my dear parents and we have wonderful times together, as a family as only families can have together!

4: I have 2 cats, Daisy who is grey with orange markings and Daffy-down dilly (aka Daffy) who is Daisy's daughter and she is all orange. I had another cat but I think the coyotes got him. His name was Ring-Ping and he was a beautiful black and white cat.

5: I love children so much. Two of the cutest children I know are my dear nephews Jeremiah and Matthias. Sometimes I feel like the pied piper of hamelin, when we go somewhere, or visit someone. I love that feeling of little ones all around me! When I am with little ones I don't always like to act my age...I like to act as though I were as old as they and I get down on the floor, and giggle with them! Maybe that sounds funny to you and it sounds funny to me too, when I write it down but that is really what I do and it's fun!

6: I love to bake and cook. I normally am the one who makes breakfast in the morning. To get the recipe for my favorite breakfast to make, click HERE.

7: My favorite color is purple. Not really purple-purple but sort of a magentaish, pinkish, purplish, sort of a purple. You know what I mean? I also like colors that go together. Some of my favorites are green and brown, pink and brown, blue and brown, green and purple. My favorite color to wear is brown, a deep dark brown. That color looks really good on me (I think). I do wear alot of pink. Not baby girl pink, more like a deep yet bright sort of a pink.
8: My favorite flowers are lilacs. I think it is because they are purple...but they have such a gorgeous scent! My favorite tree is by all means the sugar maple although I do like apple trees too.

9: I like the outdoors. The woods is a place that I like to walk in and talk to God. Every year I look forward to spring in the woods when the wild flowers bloom and the morals pop their sandy-colored moist heads thru the ground! I like climbing trees. Being out in the woods with my family is something I will always enjoy...two-tracking and everything that goes with it! One of my greatest memories was before R was married and it was on the evening of her birthday. We all piled into the back of S's duce and 1/2 (huge 3 axcaled, 10 wheeled, army truck) and took off for some two tracks deep in a dense forest. This is a long story I'll have to tell you some other time but basically we got stuck in a mud hole with a steep upward hill on one side of the "road" and a steep downward hill on the other side a hole in front and the duce & 1/2 was stuck in a way that it could not back up. You get the picture??? Well it ended up that we all got home and whoever was tired went to bed (I was in that group!) and whoever was not stayed up! Daddy, David, and S finally got the duce out and 1:00 in the morning by using the winch backwards. Ther is more to that story but I don't fell like writing the whole thing out right now. Maybe some other time!
'
10: Okay last thing...hmmm.... I've been stretchin my brain to think of what to write...I know just what I will do for this last one...
This is honestly what I look like when I am feelin goofy. I have another picture that is really just to silly and I did not want to post it on my blog although I almost did so that way you could see how I get when I am being too silly.

And now I have to award 7 other bloggers

*Amy

*Sarah @ As Lilies

* Joyful Mama

*Anna Joy

*Olivia

*Jenn Jenn

*Mrs. Becky

Have fun! I am so much looking forward to what all of you will come up with!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures!!! :-D

~Jenn

Hannah said...

Hey Jenn maybe sometime I'll e-mail you the extra funny one!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Hannah! :)

Carolyn said...

Hannah,
I enjoyed reading your ten honest things about yourself. Your writing is very descriptive and paints a nice picture of what you want to communicate. I just passed the first anniversary of my blog. I have enjoyed blogging and the chance to use my photography to help tell my stories as a way to keep in touch with one of my favorite people, my niece Amy.
Blessings, Amy's Aunt Carolyn