People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, September 14, 2009

Yesterdays post



For dinner yesterday we made BLTs ( one of my favorite sandwiches. The other favorite is a RUBEN). After dinner Mama said we were going somewhere but it had to be a surprise for everyone! She said we had to go in the truck. Me and Grace were trying to figure out if we should change our clothes or not. I ended up changing and bringing my original dress along in case we were going on a hike or something out in the woods! Daddy was driving and Mama would tell him which way to turn at every stop sign! This is how it went: "Strait(dirt road), Strait (two track), Strait (dirt road), Right(paved road), Oops! missed a turn. Keep going it's ok, Left (paved),Right (country "highway"), Oh! LEFT! You have to turn here! Sharp turn...we made it.(dirt), wait this is not the right road...I got mixed up. Well just keep on going(still dirt), Left (dirt), Left(dirt),Strait(paved)".
Daddy kept on going strait until he had to turn "Left" into a drive. This is where we ended up:

Here are BLT pics:

The bread baking in the clay oven. I had not made loaf pan bread in so long that I kept shaping the loafs wrong!

Grace frying David's homemade bacon from Enoch's pigs.

Tomatoes from the garden.

Grace made mayonnaise.

Nathanael enjoyed his sandwich!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

Mmmmm.. BLT's are SO good! :D Especially with all of your own ingredients.
Thanks for visiting our blog. I pray that it was encouraging and/or edifying to you.
Serving the King,
Marissa

Hannah said...

Thanks for your comment Marissa!
I like "meeting" new blogging pals!
In Christ,
Hannah

Cora Beth said...

Dear Hannah,
I enjoyed your pictures in this post very much! (The last one especially. :)

Would you be willing to share your mayonnaise recipe sometime? I've tried a couple recipes in the past, but my family didn't really like them...

Blessings,
Cora~

Hannah said...

Dear Cora,
I'd be more than happy to share our mayonnaise recipe with you. This is how me and Grace make it:

Crack one whole egg into a food processor ( I'm sure a blender would work too). Beat the egg. Slowly add 1 cup of oil. It should be nice and thick after adding the oil but if it is not,you could try adding a bit more.
Add salt to taste.

Here is another a little more complicated recipe that you might also like:

Whirl in a blender:
2 eggs
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. dry mustard
1/2 t. paprika
Clean down sides. Add:
2 T. lemon juice
Start blender,remove cover and slowly pour in:
1/2 C. salad oil
Add:
2 T. vinegar
Slowly, with blender running, add:
1 1/2 C. salad oil
If you put in refrigerator in an air tight container it will get thicker as it cools.
Makes 1 pint.


I sometimes like to make this recipe as it has a bit more flavor. Or, I'll just add vinegar, paprika, mustard,and lemon juice to the first recipe.

I hope they work for you!

~Hannah

Cora Beth said...

Thank you so much, Hannah! I'll give the second one a try first, as my family likes things to have flavor. :)

Have a lovely, busy day~
Cora

Annie Lady said...

You are making my mouth water! Those sandwiches look sooooo good!