
This is what I made for breakfast this morning. Try the recipe! It is easy, fun, and rewarding!
*PUFF PANCAKES*
Preheat oven to 450.
3 large eggs
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla or lemon extract
1 T. butter
In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add the flour and mix until it is pasty. Add the milk and mix until smooth. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Put the butter in a 12" cast iron pan. Put pan in hot oven to melt the butter. When the butter is melted, pour the batter into the pan and stick the pan back in the oven on a middle rack as it is going to PUFF! Bake for 15 minutes. Lower oven temp. to 350 and bake for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and immediately pour the filling (recipe below) into it. Dust with powder sugar and eat right away, with maple syrup drizzled on top if desired
Enjoy!
*Filling*
Fruit in season chopped or sliced,Butter, Honey or Maple Syrup
Melt butter in a pan until bubbly. Add fruit and drizzle sweetener over the fruit. Cook until soft but no mushy. Pour into pancake.
7 comments:
Thank you so much for posting this. My children asked if we got the recipe. Now I can say yes! I am goign to make this soon.
PS I tried to email you but somehow I didn't get your address correct.
That looks really yummy! Have you ever tried making it with whole wheat flour? I'm sure it wouldn't puff as much, but we do almost all of our baking with w.w....
Thanks for sharing the recipe~
Sounds yummy. What type of fruit did you use for the topping?
Mrs. Becky,
Thanks for the comment. I'll get you my e-mail.
It is yummy Cora! No I have never made it with whole wheat. The white flour that I used is an organic minimally processed unbleached wheat flour. Maybe I'll try it with whole wheat sometime. I do like using whole wheat flour in baking. We are going to plant some wheat next year and we hope that someday most if not all the flour that we use we grew.
Thanks for commenting! Try the recipe and let me know how it turns out!
I used red plums for the filling Amy. And...yes the pancake is very good! Try the recipe and let me know how it turns out!
Post a Comment