Today was very
rainy
and cold. I did alot of reading today
. Well, I did make a chile for dinner and we had it with garlic toast. It was really good! I got a letter today from a dear friend of mine who moved down to VA a couple of years ago. I had not heard from her in a while and i was not able to write her as they moved and I did not have their new address. So, it was really good to hear from her.
. Well, I did make a chile for dinner and we had it with garlic toast. It was really good! I got a letter today from a dear friend of mine who moved down to VA a couple of years ago. I had not heard from her in a while and i was not able to write her as they moved and I did not have their new address. So, it was really good to hear from her.We also heard today that a dear christian friend of ours passed away yesterday. He was a very elderly single man who was a beekeeper. He lived a good long life and we will always remember the times that we would visit with him. One of my nephews was named after him.
I got to talk with my oldest sister on the phone today and that was really nice.
Well I should get going. I have a book to read.
I do want to share some pictures that I took of our squash harvest:
this one is marked for seed...
when i was taking pictures of Grace and Nathanael picking peppers today,i tried to get a picture of a pepper itself. i could hardly see what i was doing because of the rain and when i loaded the pictures on the computer i was surprised to see how nice it turned out. at least i think it did...what do you think? there is one problem and it is on all the other pics too, in the right hand corn is a little smudge that was on the lens,it does not look too bad though...
Good-Night!
3 comments:
Hannah, I am so glad for these pictures of the squash, they really capture the beauty I see everytime I go down to the cabin. I can't wait to try them in cream of squash soups now that the air is cooler!
Love Ya,
Mama
Hannah,
I have not been looking at your blog alot, but tonight I took some time. I am so glad you captured the squash harvest on the cabin porch. I have enjoyed the beauty of these and thoughts of varioius squash soups with spices.
I just adore the way you captured the lovely time I had with my sister and her family. I love the sitting by the water and talking to God, but to be with all of you in this way was so special. I hope you are taking time to view Graces blog, she has captured some special times with her little brother in the garden.. You both are such lovely daughters, friends and little sisters in our great God!
Love ya,
Mama
It looks like you all had a good harvest of squash and pumpkins, Hannah! What a blessing!
Post a Comment