People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I wrote a poem!

~Activity # 3 Summer Poem~

Megan's activity today was to write a poem. I did not think I could, but by the looks of things, I think I did! Here you go and don't forget to tell me what you think :)

Sittin' in the orchard
Underneath a tree
Smellin' apple blossoms
Watchin' buzzin' bees

Look around about you
Seein' all the things you sees
From the dandy dandelions
To the spider silk in the breeze

It kinda gets one thinkin'
of our Creator, His great Love
And of all the things He gives us
From the ground, and from above

The seedlin's that are sproutin'
White clouds in the blue sky
Ants crawlin' on my barefeet
Sun a-shinin' way up high

For these things
And many more
I give thanks
To You my Lord!

Spring is leavin'
Summer's comin'
No matter the season
We can always be thankin'
Our Father who's in Heaven
For the gifts He has given
To we, His children.
~Hannah Flower~
5-6-10

Tomorrow David is going to a class in TC. Mama and Grace are going to my sisters house in the morning/afternoon-ish I am staying home with Daddy and the younger bros. I plan to work on my room. Which by the way, the color is a lightish purpleish kind of a color. It's pretty, since I like all shades of purple but I think if I picked the color out myself, it would have been a little different! But going from an unappealing yellow to this new color will make a big difference--for the better I am thinking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Nice poem! You did a great job! I like it alot.
Your friend,
Daija

Cora Beth said...

This was very neat to read, Hannah! I like to try my hand at poetry now and then too (as I think you know already.) Sometimes it's so hard to think of words that rhyme and flow smoothly, isn't it? :)

I would have guessed what color you were painting your room on the post below this one, except that I've already read this post first and know!!!

Happy painting~
Love,
Cora

megan kristine said...

That's a really good poem Hannah!!! :)

~Megan

grace pierce said...

hnnah
i like your blog a lot
i think your poulm alot.
grace

Jessica Rebekah said...

Well done Hannah! I love your poem! :D I wish I could write my own poems I love poetry, but like Core said: "it's so hard to think of words that rhyme and flow smoothly".

Good luck painting your room. :D

Love
~Jess

Anonymous said...

Great job, Hannah! You did wonderful!