People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Today was a Blessing in Many Ways. . .

We arrived at the market early and set up. Grace and I brought 6 bags of our Handcrafted Wild Edibles Salad Mix and a pound of handcrafted wild watercress. I made some "very original" tags to go on them, as a fellow vender told me as he wandered through on his usual morning greetings to everyone. One of the big blessings of the day was that we sold all but one bag of our mix and over half of the cress. Grace and I were quite pleased with our sales. Last time we made less than 1/4 of what we made this week- thank you Lord! Then our dear elderly friend Evelyn that I believe I have mentioned before came through as she always does. She told Grace and I that she would want either one or both of us to come up to her house (she literally lives steps away from the market) and vacuum for her. So now I have a little job that I can do every other Saturday when we are at the Farmer's Market. I did it for the first time today and it was so enjoyable! Evelyn even bought me an icecream nibbler from the sweet shop. Mine was chocolate and hers was vanilla. We sat on a bench by the jewelry shop and ate it while talking about various things.
Then another vender told us she might need one of us to tend her table some Saturdays so that may be another little job I might do.
I had been wanting to earn a little but I do not want to work a job simply because I love being with my family and doing what they are doing and I think it would be quite hectic to try to hitch a ride to a job since we live 40 minutes from the nearest towns. I want to go hunting this year so I need money for that and I also need to pay off a little debt I own to a couple family members-- then I will own my camera :P
Enough on that subject, but I had to record it in my journal.
On June 13th they have a festival there at the commons. David is going to scythe some grass around, Enoch Nathanael and I are going to rake up the grass with our handmade wooden rakes. Grace plans to help a friend out with her little food stand. Mama and Daddy will watch our tables. They are going to have live music there (you know the good ol' hillbilly kind-I think. Better be!) I sounds fun and I can't (of course I can!) wait!
Mama, Grace, Daddy and I went up into one of the little apartments with our friends who live there part-time (the some lady who's son taught Grace nalbinding). Mama and the lady did fiber blending together. The son taught Grace another stitch. Daddy and I visited and I looked at a book. The son showed us the yarn he is making on a drop spindle.
At 1:00 Daddy and I went back down to the market so I could go over to Evelyn's place and do the job for her. I got back around 1:30 and really wanted to go back upstairs with Grace and Mama but you have to punch in a code in elevator and only the residents know it. So, I did not. I considered climbing up a couple of the smaller roofs on the building since one of them is right by the apartment window but I knew better than to do that. I did get to go back up there but only when the son came down to get something from the car and he escorted Daddy the bros and I up--just to tell Mama and Grace it was time to go. It sounds like they had fun fiber time though and I'm sure there will be more so that's okay :)!
We did a few loops around town going to different restaurants seeing if anyone wanted some rhubarb that we had left over. No one did. Everyone has rhubarb. So we are eating it ourselves--I don't mind! Unlike John-boy and Jim-Bob in the Walton's, I LOVE rhubarb pie!!
On the way home we stopped by Menards. There was a couple cute country children out side the store with a puppy. They said they just got it. Mama asked then where they got it and they said they found a litter on craigslist. Then Mama asked them what the breed was and the girl said "border collie, lab and pit bull." Right away I knew it was more than likely the same puppies I had just seen not too long ago on craigslist. I asked her where the puppies were from and she said " ____. " A town near us- the same "my cute puppies" were from too. I wonder why the people never responded back to me. I contacted them right after they posted the ad.
Well Lord I guess those aren't the puppies for me, they sure were cute though!
When we got home Grace and I went out and got a HUGE amount of gone wild asparagus. Grace made a yummy soup with them. We had it with our homegrown homemade bacon and bread.
Now it is once again late- 10 seconds till tomorrow, and I am once again- shleepy.
Good-night folks!
please know I am serious when I tell you this:
I did not take one picture today.
No not one! No not one!

5 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Not even ONE picture? Wow... :)
That's interesting that you saw one of the puppies you had read about. I do hope you'll be able to get a puppy/dog sometime this spring yet, as I know how much you've been missing having one. You know, you could always check out our local free-ad place (http://www.bismanonline.com/) to find a puppy and then you'd have a reason to come to ND to visit. :)

I know what you mean about not wanting to get a job, as you enjoy being with your family so much.... I miss my family and helping with the farm doings while I'm in town working. It still is where I think God wants me for now (for 3 days a week), but I don't see myself being there for years and years. I love the country life too much for that!
Well, there's a cow waiting to be milked outside, so I had better scurry outside.
Here's wishing you a wonderful week, doing the Lords' work,
~Cora

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

It was fantastic! :)isj
Yeah it sure was!
~Grace

Frannie said...

Hello Hannah!
I loved reading how your day went! And i hope your next Market day goes even better than this one!
Thank you for commenting and following my blog! It means ALOT to me!
I just clicked to follow yours and I accidently clicked 'anonymous'! I'm sorry! So if you get an anonymous stranger, it's me! :)

Have a blessed day! Frannie

Sierra said...

Hi! Thanks for following my blog!
I liked reading about your market day and I hope you can get a puppy soon. =) They're so fun!

-Sierra

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Sound like you had a awesome day! I love it when days go exceptionally great!

You didn't take one picture? Well, that's ok.

Do you watch the Waltons? I Love the Waltons! One of my favorite shows!