because tomorrow is market day!
Grace and I went out foraging for wild edibles this morning. We are going to bring them to market tomorrow. We have never sold them before so we'll see how that goes.
We went all around our woods and the federal forest, down the creek and the river. It was really fun although I did get a couple scratches on my feet and a thorn in my foot that does not want to come out. It hurts but that's how I get my feet so tough.
Here is a list of what we picked in the order which we picked them:
-Violets and violet leaves
-Some young dandelion greens (most of them are all old now and tough)
-Orpine
-Trout lily leaves
-Cleavers
-Cattail shoots
-Watercress
I got a tick on my-- thankfully it was only crawling on my arm and all I had to do was pick it off and squash it :D
I did not get any pictures of our time out in the woods, but let me tell you-- it was beautiful. How much emphasis can I put on that word? I wish all of you could see the green finery, the huge hills, the massive trees!
walking in the creek. . . picking honeysuckle. . . running down huge hills. . . watching deer dash away waving their white flags. . . birds flying and singing . . . watching the river rushing over boulders and rocks. . . crossing a favorite natural tree bridge. . . coon tracks in the mud. . .
Sweet dreams!
Oh, and here is a link to the "new" Sense and Sensibility site:
I have one of their skirt patterens, and it is really pretty.
I am posting this to enter a giveaway. . . if you want to enter, you can go here:

3 comments:
I know I couldn't go because I had to spin up the last part of those FIber Nests for Market... but please let me know for the next picking...I want to be in all that stuff very soon!
I wish I could really have joined you on your lovely walk in nature today!!! Your place must be so pretty and peaceful. :) The farm we lived on before moving here was very scenic and we had lots of fun explores there. I like our farm now too, but the land is pretty flat which doesn't make for many places to explore... Sometimes our pasture up the road 5 miles makes for some good adventures though. :)
We've been blessed to not have very many ticks here (yet anyway) this year. I did pull some off of Lady the other day, but she runs through weeds and tall grass--places we don't go in on a day to day basis. This morning, I actually had to go fetch the dogs back, as it was so nice out that they decided to follow Andrew out of the yard when he left. They were down the road about half a mile 'til I caught up with them!
Well, dear Hannah, I hope you rest well and have a fun day at market tomorrow.
Love,
Cora
Your time with Grace in the woods sounds so delightful, Hannah! I know what you mean when saying "it was beautiful. How much emphasis can I put on that word?" I have thought the same thing before when writing about my times out in God's creation. How does one explain to others the incredible beauty in the trees, the flowers, the sky, the wildlife, the birds singing, and all that lies around one as together it forms such a beautiful 'picture' for our eyes to enjoy. God's creation is so incredible!
I hope that the market goes well for you today!
Post a Comment