People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

We're Addicted.

Mama, Enoch, Nathanael and I just came back. We went to the river- again. We did drive this time though. Mama brought the spinning wheel. Don't you think that would be kind of hard to carry for 2 miles along with the wool and your swimming gear? So yup, we drove.
It was really fun. We got a big load of crayfish. I am not afraid of them anymore (maybe I never was) I still am a bit timid when I reach for the big granddaddies but I caught one of them. Nathanael wants to make jambalaya with them- Mmmm!
I brought my camera this time, here are some pictures. . . .

Searching for crawdads. . .

I found and caught one!

This is my new swimsuit that Grace made me. I still want to get some fabric for new leggings. The ones I am wearing I found at a garage sale and they don't fit me very nicely.


I'm getting better at swimming under water :)



This is where Woodpecker creek comes in to the Manistee. . .
At one point when I was taking pictures I did not realize I was standing right by a bunch of poison ivy. Thankfully, I did not walk into the thick of it.

SPLUSH!

I need to go now. We are having yummy pork shanks. I made some iced tea and they are all telling me to pour it now :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had SO MUCH FUN, Hannah!! What a lovely creek! I LOVE you new swimming suit!! it's adorable!!!!!!! :-) Beautiful flower pictures, too!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your post! That creek looks SO refreshing! I wish I had a creek like that near by. =(
I love the color of your swimsuit, too! So pretty. =)

Love,
Samantha

Rachel Grace said...

Whew, I'm glad you didn't step in the poison ivy!
Your bathing suit looks great! I really like the colors... Grace did a great job :).
To answer the question you asked about what I wear when I swim... I usually wear a swim suit under a skirt and shirt. In the picture of little Jay and I, I actually didn't have a swim suit under my clothes, because I forgot to bring it camping. I also forgot to bring a good "swimming skirt" that wasn't thick denim... otherwise I would have been in something light, cotton and not as super long! My sister Abby has a pretty good bathing suit that is old and a hand-me-down that works well for her. But you can't get any modest swim suits like that at the store anymore, so I'm left with a seriously immodest one and some clothes!
Anyway, I love ya!
Rachel Grace

Emily said...

I love your bathing suit, it's so lovely and modest! And it looks like ya'll had a great time!

God bless!
Emily <3