Today it was around 90º outside and quite humid too.
It's the kind of weather where I feel like running down to the river and splooshing in!
But, instead all I did today was rested and rested.
At one point I was so hot that I went down to the cabin that is on our back property and rested down there. The cabin stays nice and cool even in the heat of summer.
Even down there though it was still pretty hot.
Now it has cooled to about 72º but still that is very warm! The whippoorwill is singing his cherry song that he sings every night. So pretty!
I'm afeared that I shant sleep too well tonight because of the heat-- and because that's what I've been doing all day :)
Nathanael said the basement is nice and cool right now. We have a Michigan basement which is just a small basement with a cement floor and walls so it is always nice and cold down there.
Should I sleep down there with the spiders?
Good Night,

5 comments:
Wow, that's warm weather! I think I would die in that heat. (just kidding) It's only about 40 degrees here now!
-Sierra
I completely agree, it was blistering hot yesterday! My brother Jack and I almost slept outside last night it was so warm! The reason we didn't was because we forgot to ask my mom and dad about it(big mistake) until too late... so maybe tommorow night!
I sleep in the basement all the time, so I always have a cool room to sleep in... but there is A LOT of spiders! I am not sure if I really like sleeping in the basement all the time though, because I don't get to share a room with anybody-and I really like that. I got kicked in the basement when we got Jay and Mark, because when you're a foster parent you can only have 2 kids per room (what's up with that???), and we don't have enough rooms upstairs for seven people with only two people per room. Oh, well!
May the Lord bless you and keep you Hannah!
Rachel Grace
So dear Hannah,
Did you sleep with the spiders last night? :) We have a basement similar to yours it sounds like. Sometimes we get frogs down there too, and an occasional salamander. I wouldn't sleep down there unless necessary! One night, my brothers and I almost did though, as our parents were at a banquet and there was a big storm outside and we were scared there might be a tornado or something, so we went down there until our parents got home. :) That was many years ago...
Well, rest well!
Love,
Cora
I have found that the best decision is to lend thy heart to the song of the whippoorwill and let the Lord orchestrate the rest of the music... we are going to make it ... and you have weathered well your flu-like symptoms this week-- you are very strong in spirit.
Sorry to miss the River Splash today!
Love Ya,
Mama
Wow! It got hot up there! It is usually 90-100º most of the year here in Tx.
I wish we had a basement!
None of the houses here do. I'm not sure why because it gets so hot here it would be lovely to have one. :)
Really enjoyed the post about y'all swimming too!
Have a blessed week!
Laura :)
Post a Comment