Yesterday Nathanael bought 9 croquet balls from a garage sale down the road.
Today he made two mallets. The weather outside was really beautiful today so we played wuite a few games. When the neighbor Jake came home from school, we played a couple games with him and Grace joined us for a little bit too. Croquet is on of my most favorite games. Our Grandpa and Grandma F. has a really nice old set and we always like to play it when we go to their house in the summer. Since Nathanael only made two mallets so far, we have to share them but that makes it fun!! After a couple games of croquet with the neighbor, we wanted to play another game so we played freeze tag. Jake's sister Taylor (Taylor is my age) joined us and that was fun! Taylor and I were it and we flew all around the farm after our brothers :)! I was running past the backshack in full pursuit of my brothers. I stepped on something really sharp and I got three cuts on the arch of my foot. Why do you always get cuts on the arch of your foot??? Oh well. I was still able to play okay until dinner time although it hurt!
Grace made a really yummy dinner, but I think she is going to be posting about that ;)
besides playing games (hehe!) I did some dishes and laundry. Oh, and I made a green drink too. Do you know what that is? Okay, take some greens (spinach, lettuce. . .ect.) I used lettuce, spinach from our garden and also some wild greens too: orpine leaves, purple violet leaves, dandelion greens and trout lily leaves. First I peeled a carrot and chopped it in the food processor (a blender works too, but we don't have one.) until it was pulp. Then I put in the greens I picked. I blended that up too. Then I added a little bit of honey. Then add as much water as you want. I only added about a cup because I did not want it too watery. If you don't want to drink the fibers, you can strain your drink or just drink it as it is. Nathanael made one just like mine except he put some stinging nettles in his. I can't wait to the summer. My sister Rebecca was the one who told me how to make them and she said she one time had on at my favorite deli (it's at an organic natural foods store) and in with the greens they added celery, apples, and cucumber. I think that sounds really good! At the deli they use a juicer so if you have a juicer, you should use that :)
Okay, Daddy is starting to read a book called "The Lost Clue" Grace said it a really nice book so I want to go and listen!! :) It is written by the author of one of my favorite books: "the Lamplighter". So, Bye!
**I did not read this over and fix any typo's or any other errors, so just look over any!**
Usually if my posts are really scrambly and the way I worded it was funny, it's just because I was either tired or did not want to reread my post and fix anything :D!

4 comments:
Dear Hannah~
I'm so very tired, but just had to write quick and thank you so much for your long comment on my blog! :) I wish we could each walk half the distance and meet up somewhere inbetween, but like you said, that's not very practical--especially with those mountain lions, wolves and bears!!! Nope, you wouldn't find me out there...
Anyway, I hope to have some time to catch up on commenting soon, probably Saturday, as tomorrow I'll be babysitting 8 children by myself at the Daycare. (Prayers for all to go well would be appreciated!)
I'd best get some rest. My family was just having prayer time when I arrived tonight, so it was so good to be apart of that again~
Love you (and please give Grace a hug for me and have her give you one in return for me.... :) )
~Cora
I agree, "The arch of your foot seems to be the victim most of the time." Since childhood though you have always known just the right "bandaging techinique" to get these wounds nurtured and the foot back to normal. So sorry, but I know you will make it!
Love Ya,
Mama
Hey!
You live in MI?!?! That's great! I'm from southern MI, and my grandparents are in the UP of MI. They live fairly close to the Soo....!! So, you and I both know what it means when somebody pulls out their hands and says "See, I live here!" All the while, pointing to a spot on their palm. [[GRIN]]
Have a blessed day!
In HIM, Tessa
Oh, shame. That sounds really sore, I hope your foot is better!
All in all I'm glad you all had a great, fun day. =D BTW that green drink sounds really nice. I'd like to try it, only if it was that easy to get all those herbs & flowers. =P
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Love
~Jess
Post a Comment