People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Sunday, April 11, 2010

We had a lamb and a kid born!!
They are both soooo cute!

We also went over to our friends house this afternoon so that was very pleasant.

This morning my younger brothers and I were walking back from the woods this morning, where we had been checking up on one of our morel spot (don't ask where it is, I won't tell. People a very secretive around here with 'their spots'. It can get scary :) but it really is fun!!) . Enoch found one morel. Nathanael found two verpas and Enoch found a beefsteak . . . eew! Mama met us out there and told us that the baby animals had been born. We were so excited that we started running home as fast as we could. Nathanael and I were talking about how so many exciting things where happening all in one day. "First we are going to go to {our friend's} house, then Enoch finds a morel, then the baby goat and lamb are born. . ."! I started singing "what a day glorious day. . . " and then I turned a corner and went right into a thorn bush. Ouch! The branches tried to brush out my hair but it did not feel too good and they also scraped my shoulder. I slowed to a walk and my brothers got ahead of me. When I did get to the barn though, this is what I saw:
They are so so cute!

As are my friends who I got to play and visit with today.


We dressed up like princesses, we played red rover, baseball, capture the flag, and another game that we made up where there are teams and each team has theses little stone-like pieces that are each worth different amounts of money. Which ever team gets the most valuable ones in the end, wins :).

We stopped by my sister's place on the way back to pick something up, and she gave me and Grace some extra clothes that she did not want any more. Most of them went to me, since my sister and I have similar tastes in clothing. Grace did get a pretty shirt though. I got a peach floral skirt, a lavender eyelet T-shirt, and a brown corduroy jacket.
Well I am sure I will have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, just with getting the house cleaned up after the weekend. So I should be getting to bed :)
Good night!

5 comments:

Amy said...

The lamb is sweet!

Jessica Rebekah said...

Aww, Hannah they are SO cute! Glad you could share some pictures of them! Pity the mothers didn’t have more so that I can have one. LOL
They must be so nice to cuddle, haha! Do the mothers let you get close enough to pat them?

Sounds like you had a *really* nice and excited day! I also like it when *excited* things happen! :D
Oh, OUCH, I hope you didn’t get hurt running into that thorn brush, That has happened to me a “few” times.

Have a great day!
Love
~> Jess

Anonymous said...

What is God saying to us by a sheep and a goat being born at the same time? The life of that lamb, as it lay as a small soft blanket upon the ground was of such delicate beauty- There is new life at Verdant Farm!

Rachel Grace said...

Hi Hannah,
Your pictures are great! Your day does sound exciting. Baby animals, time with sweet little friends, new clothes! I hope you have another exciting day tomorrow!
Rachel Grace

Cora Beth said...

Dear Hannah~
I thought that I commented on this post earlier, but I guess I was just thinking about doing so and didn't! Oops...
I'm glad to hear that those two deliveries went well and that you're able to enjoy the sweet babies! I'm sorry to hear you got hurt a bit on the way to see them though. I've done things like that before!
Those little girls are so cute too. :) I used to play dress up a lot when I was younger and now enjoy dressing up the little girls I babysit for. One time many years ago, we had a formal tea party with our neighbors and we have lots of fun memories from that day! We ladies all dressed up in ball gowns and my brothers and the neighbor boys dressed up in suits. We carved a watermelon bowl and served tea in china cups and saucers. So fun!
Well, I could go on, but I'd like to post quick yet and then get some shut-eye time too.
Rest well my friend,
Cora