People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lemonbars, Nephews, and Bloodroot Flowers

Today was sunshiny warm and beautiful.
I played ball freeze tag with my brothers and neighbors. We had an interruption when our favorite UPS driver Lemonbar, delivered a package to our place. When he saw us playing with the football he started telling us about how he used to play in a national football game. He threw the ball back in forth for a little while and then after taking a look at the new baby goat he had to run.
His real name is Scott but we call him Lemonbar. It all started when the first time he delivered a package to our other house we gave him a lemonbar and he loved it. At that time he was not married (he now is, and has 3 sons) and he asked for the recipe. We gave it to him and he made them and searved them to his family. He said they tasted okay. Ever since then we called him Lemonbar. Somehow he found out about it and now he calls himself that. "Hey, it's me! Lemonbar is back!!" One time his wife called on his cell and he said "yeah I'm at those people's house who call me Lemonbar." So I guess his wife knows about it now too :)

Anyway, tomorrow morning I plan to go with my sister and maybe my younger brothers to my eldest sister's house. I am going to help my sister set up a blog at the little library near her and then I am going to babysit my nephews with Grace while my sister gets somethings done in town. So I need to get to bed my eyes are starting to ache from looking at the screen. I don't like staring at screens :) I only took a few pictures today and they were all of a velvet mite. I did not think you'd want to just see a velvet mite so I did not post it. However, I don't like to do picture less posts so here is another picture for you. . .
-bloodroot flower-

2 comments:

MIgirls said...

Your eye for photography is just amazing!!! I've been looking around for a better camera...you should be a spokesperson for the one you just bought....it takes great pictures! Of course, the photographer :-) is absolutely amazing at "capturing" the photo opportunity! How did you first learn about photography? Self taught? Online info? Personal mentor? Thanks for posting!
Mrs. Thomas

Hannah said...

Mrs Thomas,
Thank you! I have always enjoyed taking photos. By the time I was older and had figured out that there was more things to photographing than just pushing a button, our camera was just about broken. Once I got my new camera I almost surprised myself with the pictures I took :) I know it sounds funny, but I did not know I could do that! So far I have just been teaching myself through reading and practice :)
I think Jenn has an eye for photography too, her pictures are beautiful!
~Hannah