Give me a land of boughs in leaf,
A land of trees that stand;
Where trees are fallen there is grief;
I love no leafless land."
- A.E. Housman
A land of trees that stand;
Where trees are fallen there is grief;
I love no leafless land."
- A.E. Housman
Today I climbed high in a tree- all the way to the tip (well almost :) I was standing on 1 1/2" branches- isn't that close enough? I was towering above our house and barn my brothers and their friend looked very tiny as I threw down pine cones to them.
I don't know what I'd do without trees. I always knew I was a Michigan Girl, and I love my state but I thought it was just because I lived here.
Today I found out another reason that I am really and truly a Michigan Girl.
The Michigan Territory was created on my birthday!! Of course that was back in 1805 way before I was even knee high to a flea!
But I was born on the day that the Michigan Territory was created!
YEAH FOR MICHIGAN AND IT'S TREES!!!!
I'd write more and post some sweet pictures of my nephews, but I need to get to bed :)
I did finnish the rhubarb gardens also but did not get any pictures yet~ hopefully tomorrow!
Oh and I also got a youtube account today so that way I can post the little movie I made/am making of my brothers and I's walk earlier this spring! Stay tuned!

4 comments:
LOVE those pictures! That's quite a big tree! WOW! :-D
~Jenn
Love the pictures! I'm a New England girl myself, but my dad's side of the family all live in Michigan. = )
Blessings,
Kate
Dear Michigan girl,
Those trees are AMAZING!!! It would be neat to have trees like that to explore in! North Dakota is pretty tree-less (unless you go up to the Turtle Mountains--about 4hours away from us), the trees that are here mainly being here because somebody planted them.
That's really neat what you learned about how your birthday and Michigan share that special day in history. :)
Have a great rest of the day~
Cora
Wow, these are GREAT pictures and it was interesting to learn that Michigan Territory was created on your birthday, that's so neat! =D I love trees and climbing them too! Though only if I had some nice trees to climb here (where I stay).
Though I don't think I could climb has high as you. =D And I possible COULDN'T live without trees neither!!
Love
~ Jess
Post a Comment