People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Market Day and a **SURPRISE** :)

Okay, yesterday I said I was going to write about the market day. . .

Well, after breakfast yesterday, Grace and I went down to the creek to harvest watercress. I rode my bike and Grace ran most of the way. It was very hot and there hardly any protection of trees because we were on the powerline trail. As soon as we came off and were in the woods it was nice though. We harvested the cress quickly so we could get home in time to be ready to go. It is about 1/2 mile to the creek, so altogether it's a mile there and back. We got back in time and after a bit of hustling and bustling we were down the drive! We did end up leaving a little latter than we would have liked. The market starts at 2 and that's right when we got there. Usually we try to get there about a half an hour before starting time.
The market was outside. It was our first outdoor market this year. I'm glad too, because I like the fresh air :)! At 4:00 Daddy, Enoch, Nathanael and I drove to the natural foods store. Daddy dropped us children off, so we could walk across the lake (you didn't know I could do that, did you!) to the library. We walked through one door of the store and out the back (which is by the lake) instead of going around because we like the yummy samples they have :P
As we were walking through, I noticed the fruit leathers were on sale for almost 1/2 the price. We really like fruit leather and have not had any for a long time so I bought us each one. I kind of wished we walked there from the market because if you do, you get a discount then the leather would have been really cheap! We hurried to the library because it was going to close soon. The tree dvds I wanted were checked out so I got them on hold. I found some books for myself and the boys. After checking them out, we waited outside for Daddy to pick us up.
We stopped back at Oryana (the natural food store) to get some yogurt for a starter )or something, I'm not quite sure what) Daddy let us each pick out a small yogurt for ourselves and we got some for the others back at market. I got a Apricot Mango yogurt with cream on the top- so good! We got back just as they were packing up. On the way home we past a minor 4 car crash that had just happened. I felt sorry for this one guy when he saw how damaged his car was. At least no one appeared to be hurt- they have that to be very thankful for.
We stopped by an estate sale on the way home. We had spotted a couple of spinning wheels on the way into town so we wanted to check it out. We did not get either of the wheels, but Grace and I each came away with a nice picnic basket :D



There were so many nice antiques there that I would have oh so loved to have but antiques are pricy even though these ones were less pricy than some.

Now today,
We got up early yet latter than we would have liked.
We had not been to this market in a while and we could not remember the time. Daddy looked it up online and he read that it started at 9. So we got there in time, only to find out it did start at 8 now that it is outside! Oh well, we were not the only ones late there was another vender who had just got there and someone else came even latter than we did.
It all worked out great. Our dear friends vend there and we had alot of fun with Olivia, Pricilla and Emma. Olivia, Grace and I all went down to a toy shop there in town to see if a friend of mine who I have not seen for 10 years was working there today (she just started working there). She wasn't working today. So, we went to the bakery down the street and we each bought a donut. I got a boston cream (my favorite!!!) and Grace and Olivia both got a huge cinnamon glazed one. Then we ate them while browsing garage sales in the neighborhood. Grace bought some fabric and I got some nice new hair clips for really inexpensive.
On the way home, we went to a resale shop. Daddy and Mama were looking for some angel food cake pans and other kinds of pans too. They actually found quite a few. David bought some army boots, Grace got a brand new shirt and a skirt, I got a really nice silk headcovering, Mama got a skirt, Enoch and Nathanael each got a pair of swimming shorts, and Daddy bought the pans :) After Junque and Necessities, we went to a flea market. It was sweltering but Daddy and Mama did find a nice pan :) Mama bought most of us icecream. Then we came home. I checked the mail to find a wonderful package awaiting me. . .
(don't I look so sweltering?)

But, this is my surprise :) and you can't know!
Any ideas?
You should know sometime this week and I think you really will want to know :) so please come back soon!!!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

That sounds like fun!

Johanna said...

Oooo! What is it??? Please let us in on the secret soon!

Lindsay said...

Awww... I'm really wondering what the surprise is, Hannah! Please tell us soon, okay? :)

Cora Beth said...

Those picnic baskets are so neat!

As for your surprise... I think you have all your readers very curious indeed! :) I'm going to guess it's something you won from a blogger-giveaway--maybe an apron; some flower seeds; or sewing patterns? Just some guesses...

Have a great new week,
Cora

Trusting in Jesus said...

I know what it is!! I know, I know! XD But I won't spoil it for everyone else. XD