People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

February's JOY Report!

This past month, Jenna had a a challenge on JOY.

I totally enjoyed this challenge. It was the best thing I could have done this February.
When I read back in my journal pre-February (January, December-ish) I was often not really focusing on the "JOY'S" in life.
One entry starts out "I am so discouraged" and then I go on about what I was discouraged about. Once I started doing this challenge however, I really had fun finding all the good things that happened in my day. True, I still did have had some harder times, but every day there was something I could praise God for, something that made me smile- something that brought me JOY!

Here are five things from my journal:

February 3 2010 Today's Joy:
". . .skiing with Enoch and Nathanael. It was so fun. We had a pleasant time together and yes- very JOYful!"

February 8 2010 Today's Joy:
" Snowshine and fun siblings!"

February 10 2010 Today's Joy:
". . . and knowing that I have a sweet friend Rachel , whom I have never met, but how blessed I am to be able to write her and that we can encourage each other as we both serve the Lord and our families."

February 12 2010 Today's Joy:
"My nephews!"

February 21 2010 Today's Joy:
"Researching cameras and yeah!- contacting a person on craigslist telling them that I want to purchase their camera!! I am so excited!!"


My 8 verses were:

Nehemiah 8:10
Psalm 15:11
James 1:2,3,4
Psalm 126
1 Peter 4:12, 13
Galatians 5:22, 23
John 15:11
Philippians 2:2,3,4


The two verses I copied were:

Philippians 2:2,3,4
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

James 1:2,3,4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.


A tidbit of encouragement:

~So often we look at the wrong things in life and say, "life is terrible"
We need to more often focus on the Joy's in life and say" Ah, Life is beautiful!"~


Tomorrow is the first day of the PEACE challenge,
so you can go over to Jenna's blog for details.



And now here is a mystery picture:

What is THIS?
It has been awhile since I have done one, so this should be fun!
Please leave a comment with your guess!
I will post the guesses and the correct answer either today or tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I have NO clue!!!! That's a really cool picture though! :-)

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

hannah,

it looks like the seed thing from a gum tree!!!


mary c.

Rachel Grace said...

First of all... I have no clue at all as to what your mystery picture is =D.
Second~ I really liked your report on the joy challenge. I am so glad I did it this month, it is so great to know other young ladies doing it also... like you!
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
Rachel Grace

-Bess- said...

Sounds like a great challenge (thanks for sharing about it - I know I need to be challenged in that area sometimes). As to that really strange looking "thing," at first I was going to say some kind of strange weed or dried plant, but when the comment from Mary C. - I think I'd have to agree with her.
Blessings (& JOY),
-Bess-

Anonymous said...

Is it a sweet-gum ball?

SDG!

-Kyrie<><

Cora Beth said...

What a lovely, joy-filled post, Hannah dear! :)

hannah m said...

Is your mystery picture some sort of gum-ball?;) I enjoyed your Joy Report - It has been very enjoyable for me, too!
Blessings,
~Hannah