People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fun Day, "Ouchy" Ending.

Here's a clue to the "ouchy part": I am typing with 7 fingers and 1 thumb.
Now for the fun part =D!
Well first of all, David tapped the trees today!! Yeah! We had a good flow today also, I felt one of the buckets and it feels like it is about 1/4 full. Which good for the first day. My sister and her lil' boys came so that way they could "help" Uncle David. Buddy brought his own little toy drill, it was so cute! I did not get any pictures of Buddy doing it but I got a few of David. David put in aprx. 200 taps at our house. He is working at our neighbor's sugarbush this season. They put in their taps today too, which was around 2,500!
My sister was only here for a little while because she had to do some shopping.
Mama and I decided to go along with her so that way she could go to a bigger town and it helps when she has someone else with her to help with her active little boys! It was alot of fun. First we got some gas (I taught Bud how to plug his nose and say "stinky phewy" about the gas :), then Walmart, then Goodwill the last stop was Meijer's. I stayed in the truck with the boys.
I got a brown skirt at Goodwill and something for Grace's birthday =D!
It was an enjoyable time!
When we came home, I had to air out my head. Whew! The city, I can't STAND IT! So, Grace, Enoch, Nathanael and I all went out skiing. There was this hill that is pretty steep and has trees all around it, so we started going down carefully half sliding half skiing it was pretty icy and it kind of hurt because I did not on very thick leggings on =D! I came to a stop about 2/3's down. I though it would work to stand up and go the rest of the way down, so I stood up! And I started zipping the rest of the way down, I collided with Grace and pain shot through my thumb as a fell. "Hannah, you splinted my ski poll!" Grace said. My thumb must have hit it pretty hard! I got a bad sprain. So, I am sitting here typing with my whole left hand and three fingers of my right hand. It hurts to use my pointer finger and of course my thumb.
I think my thumb will be a "sore thumb" for the next couple days!
Here are some pictures:

Putting in the taps:


Hotdogs!


Beware: Cute pictures below!


Someone sweet ate a kitkat!

***Mystery Picture***
About the mystery picture, I accidentally published the comments. But if it helps at all, no one has got it right yet. You all can guess again if you want to, but you don't have to!

3 comments:

Rachel Grace said...

The little boy pictures are extremely cute! Tapping sounds like alot of fun too. I do not know how you can even attempt to type with your thumb like that! A while back, when I first started blogging that happened to me and I had to take like a week and a half break because I couldn't type!
Love you my friend!
Rachel Grace

Cora Beth said...

Ouch--That sounds like a very painful accident! I hope your hand's feeling much better by now.

I always love reading about what your cute nephews say (and seeing pictures of them!) Little children say the sweetest things and are so openly honest about everything. :)

I can't stand the city either... It tires me out in such a different way than a good day of hard work on the farm does. I love country life! (I thought too that maybe the city food was what made me sick, but now my dad's not feeling well and he was at home, so it must be a bug... :( )

Wow--Now that's a lot of hot dogs!

Well, I could write more, but still have blogs to catch up on, so I'll bid you farewell for a little while and say that I hope you have a happy day. :)

Love you,
Cora

Jessica Rebekah said...

Oh, wow, that sure is a.. um lot of hotdogs - in SA they're called Vienna’s and a hotdog is when you put a Vienna in a roll
with sauce! =D

I'm sorry to hear about your thumb, I can imagine that that was very painful, ouch! Hope its better!

Anyway, great pictures! I'll say it again that your nephews are very cute! =D

Fascinating pictures of your brother David tapping the trees, never seen anyone do that
before! =D

Love
~> Jess