People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Picture Tag from....

. . .my friend Miranda @ Travel Notes


***Answer each question and post a picture to go with your answer. . . Be creative!***


Your Favorite Shoe Brand:

Well, I'm not a "brand person", I have one pair of winter boots, one pair of black boot shoes, one pair of flip flops, and one pair of ski shoes. So, what do I say? I'm not a "shoe person" so I say,

BARE FEET!


Your Favorite Clothes Brand:

I go resale shopping and I don't want to. I think it is very silly to always be going to resale shops and buying clothes. Much less, how could I ever go shopping at a regular price store? I want to get better at sewing. I just won a few pretty patterns in a contest and I hope to use them to build up my sewing skills- if I have any!

There are some skirts or shirts that I really like though. One of the brand is NY Jean Company. I can tell you one brand I DON'T like: Christopher & Banks (Mama's favorite).

(I could not find a NY Jean Pic)



Your Two Favorite Days of the Week and why?:

I don't know, I like all days because all days are the same to me. I like when we do something out of the ordinary though like inviting someone over or going to someone's house. Normally that happens on the weekends maybe once a month?


If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be:

I really would want to travel around the world taking pictures of every beautiful thing. I would want to go to the dessert, the arctic, the jungle. . . and Germany, Poland, Russia, and Sweden. Germany to visit my friend Sarah, Poland and Russia and Sweden to meet some of my relatives.


Favorite Hobby:

Does reading count as a hobby? That's more than a favorite with me!

(by the way, isn't this a neat picture? I don't know how I did it! Hee hee! How can you see my chin and mouth through the book?? Any photographers out there that can tell me what I did? Kristin? :)


Favorite Memory:

Well, I have many favorite memories, I stayed overnight with my sister, her husband, and my nephews the night of my youngest nephews birth. It was such a blessing! And so fun to be with my little nephew as he went to bed and rock him when he woke in the night. . . yes, something I'll remember for a while!



One word that descripes you:

Hmmm. . . I don't really know, I'll ask Grace, here is her answer. . .

Exuberant

I asked Mama, her answer was. . .

Cheerful



One of your favorite songs:

One?

Only?

Well I just heard a song recently that is just beautiful. It is called "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath.


Favorite School Subject (recess doesn't count):

Well Math is always fun, but I like doing meals too.


Favorite Season:

Why, does everyone ask this, when I always say every season?

In Northern MI every season has it's place in the year.

We need winter to work in projects that we will use in the months to come and for a rest from the previous seasons and in preparation for the upcoming ones. We need late winter to make maple syrup. We need spring to get the garden in and that is when all the babies are naturally born too. We need summer for tending plants that give us our food for the winter. We need fall for harvesting and storing the bounty that we grew in the summer. The winter comes again and we rest in prep. . . it goes on!


One word/phrase you use all the time:

"Flunky" This is a word my younger brothers and I made up. I don't remember when and why, but we did. It is only one of the many words that we made up and use alot and fully understand what we are talking about when we are using them. Would any of you know what "Queyes" are?

(I looked up the word "flunky" and it does have a meaning, but it is not the same meaning as our word "flunky" has :)



What is one of your favorite foods:

Natural Leaven Bread and triple cream brie. . . gimme some of those great organic olives to go with it, either the ones that are aged in red wine or the spicy lemon ones. . .oh YUM don't talk about it!!



Favorite Color:

Dark Magenta!


I TAG,

Each and everyone of my readers (the ones who leave comments, and the ones who don't), my blogger pals, and all my followers and friends. Please leave a comment letting me know if you are one of the above (you are, because you are reading this :) leave me a comment saying you want to do this on your blog. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment with your answers! Have fun!




I had wanted to publish this last night, but while working on it the lights began to blink. They blinked on and off about 10 times with 10 seconds in between each blink.

Here are some pictures from last night. . .







10 comments:

Amy said...

Hannah, my guess of what happened with your reading picture is that you didn't have much light. Therefore the camera needed to leave the shutter open for a LONG time (a second is a long time for a camera). You probably moved the book during that time so the camera recorded before and after you moved the book--thus the double exposure aspect of the picture. The long shutter speed also causes "camera shake" the blurriness of the subjects. If you want to experiment with long shutter speeds and don't want camera shake you'll need a tripod (or steady surface) and a self-timer.

Anonymous said...

Above, you said,

"...I like all days because all days are the same to me."

Well, I can see that for all the weekdays, but what about Sunday? Sunday is different because of Church... Do you not go to church?

A slighty puzzled reader,

Mindy

P.S. I'm sorry I won't be able to do your picture tag... I don't have a good camera :(

Hannah said...

Amy,
Thanks! I wondered if that was what it was, but was not sure!
~Hannah

Hannah said...

Dear Mindy,
Thanks for your comment! I love getting comments from my readers- hope to here from you soon again!
About Sunday, no, my family and I do not attend any specific building on Sundays. We greatly enjoy fellowshipping with other believers. And sometimes we will go someplace on Sunday if we feel the Lord directing us in that way.
I don't think it is wrong for someone to attend a church building every Sunday, I don't think it is wrong for someone to set a part another day of the week or if someone treats every day the same. Romans 14:5: "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."
I hope this answers your question!
~Hannah

Do you have a blog? I am curious as to how you found mine- through a friend or another blog?
Also, if you want to, we can just leave a comment with your answers to the tag, you don't have to though!
I understand not having a good camera, I just bought a new one, our old camera was very bad off!

Miranda said...

Great answers, hannah! i loved reading them!! : )

Miranda

P.S Thumbs up for the bare feet! hehe :-)

Rachel Grace said...

You wrote some great answers Hannah! I would really like to do this tag, but I doubt that I can do it very soon because I am not able to locate the camera right now! I like your "flunky" word. We have some words like that at my house too :). Do you play guitar?
Have a nice day my exuberant and cheerful friend!
Rachel Grace

Anonymous said...

That was a cool post! I'm going to do the tag on my blog. (probably tomorrow) Thank you! =D

Cora Beth said...

This was so fun to read (and to look at all the pictures), Hannah!

I'm not sure if I have time to do it either, but we'll see...

You don't like Christopher & Banks clothing? They're some of my mom and my favorites, but each to their own. :)

Hope you had a great day!
Love,
Cora

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

I am SO SO sorry I have not gotten back before now!!! I get very little time to get on the computer just for "fun", and I simply have not had the opportunity to reply to *your* reply to my comment before now! Thank you for answereing though!
Ok, now for my reply to your reply ;)!

I can see your point about Romans 14:5. I'd never thought about it that way! But wouldn't you think that might refer to *all* days? That they should all be lived for the glory of the Lord, and the encouragement of other believers?
Considering verses such as Exodus 20:8, 9, and 10, and the ones in the new testament (I can't remember the references, and I don't have my Bible here with me at the place I'm using the computer :( ) that talks about meeting regularly with other believers for a time of fellowship and worshiping God, how would those all fit together?

I hope to hear more of your ideas and thoughts concerning this subject! Please know that I am in no way trying to criticize your choices, or "split hairs"! I sincerely wish to understand. Thank you for your time on this!
Now I will try to finally get to the tag :) !

Thank you,

Mindy

Anonymous said...

Favorite shoe brand: Hmm, don't really have a favorite *brand*... I love cowboy boots in the winter and flip-flops or bare feet in the summer though!

Favorite clothing brand: Similar answer here - if it's modest, nice, and cheap, I like it!

Two favorite days of the week: Probably Sundays ('cause we get to go to church), Saturdays (no school!), or Thursdays (my sister and I get together with some friends every Thurs. evening). I don't think I can pick just two!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?: Easy - Scotland! (I'm part Scottish but I was born in the States, and I've never been to my homeland!)

Favorite hobby: Tons! But it would probably boil down to reading and homesteading!

Favorite memory: Hmm, I really don't think I have a favorite... I have lots of nice ones... I'll probably think of my "favorite one" just as I submit this comment!

One word that describes you: Resourceful

One of your favorite songs: "Sitting At The Feet Of Jesus" (a hymn)

Favorite school subject: History!!!

Favorite season: Autumn!!!

One word/phrase you use all the time: y'all (actually "y'all" is a contraction of two words, "you", and "all". But where I come from, it's one word ;) LOL)

One of your favorite foods: Home-made biscuits and sausage gravy! Ohhh yum, I didn't have enough breakfast...

Favorite color: First - Red; Secone - Royal Blue


That was fun! Thanks Hannah!
Oh, and I found out about your blog from a friend who likes to read it.

Blessings!

Mindy