People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Pictures~

Trees. . .

mushroom . . .

red ants. . .

wild leeks beginning to sprout. . .

crocuses! this is what the mystery flower was.

Daddy even found a little dandelion!

Moss. This is what the green mystery picture was!

Noodle making. . .

this is the newest thing going on in the bakery. . .

critters. . .

I don't know why I forgot to tell you, but Daddy bought me a battery charger and batteries!! That is how I am now able to be crazy camera happy!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I have never knowingly seen a wild leek before!

Cora Beth said...

What great pictures Hannah! I was a bit camera happy today too... :) It was so lovely out today here. I think it reached 50 degrees and it truly felt like spring!

Wow, you have some really tall trees there! That mushroom looks really red too... We rarely have mushrooms growing around here.

Did you take that last picture with the spider and the fly? That is really an amazing picture!

Well, maybe if I end this now, I can get in bed before 11:00. Think I can do it? :)

Sleep well!

Rachel Grace said...

I am so happy that you have a battery charger for your camera now... and I am sure that you are too!
I would love to learn how to make noodles... It doesn't look too hard :). I know some people who make their own... but they don't have big families who eat ALOT! We get our noodles from an organic co-op that we are a part of. Actually we get most of the things that we can't make at home, or don't have time to make at home from there. It's really nice because we don't have to go to walmart very often at all.
Your nature pictures are beautiful! I think I like the one of the dandelion the best. I like that specific color of yellow that dandelions have a lot.
I don't think I have ever seen a mushroom as red as the one you pictured before! Do you know what type it is? It sure is pretty!
Love you my friend!
May the Lord give bless you with another wonderful day!
Rachel Grace

Hannah said...

Ms. Patricia,
They are SO yummy! I love to cook them up with wild morels!!! Mmmm! Tastes of spring~ Hannah

Cora,
I saw that :) I like your pictures too! Yes, I truly hope it truly is spring!

I love tall trees! We do have some really tall ones. They are so fun to climb :)!

Do you ever get morel mushrooms where you live? I can't wait until morel season. It is one of my favorite seasons.

Yes, I did take that picture. I was so happy with the way it came out.
~Hannah

Rachel,
Yes, I am so happy! Noodle making really is simple.
To make the dough I just take flour and crack a couple eggs into it, and mix it up. If it is really dry I add another egg. If it is just a little on the dry side I add a little bit of water. If it is sticky, you could add flour, but sometimes if you just let it rest and then put a bit of oil on it and slightly kneed it it will come together okay. and then you just roll them out with either a noodle maker or a rolling pin, cut them, boil them, serve them- ta da!
And oh they are so yummy! We order some things from a co-op too. I really don't like walmart at all or mijers- I don't think WI has mijer's though. it is sort of like walmart but their produce is A LITTLE (not much) fresher than walmart's.
Oh, I know I love dandelions too. They are very special to me but that is another story!
I am not sure what kind of mushroom that is. I tried looking it up on the internet but did not find any. My brother might know, but he is already in bed :).
Love you too Rachel!
~Hannah