I love trees.
I don't know if I will literally hug the trees when they come to cut them down, like "tree huggers" do, but I certainly would feel like it. So, I don't know I would really be considered a tree hugger, but I certainly love trees.
This morning some consumers energy trucks were puttering around our area.
We wondered what was up, but did not think to much of it. So they leave after awhile and I go out and follow their tracks. They lead me to the power line where there was some blue paint sprayed on one of the polls. I smelled it, felt it, and yes, it was fresh so I knew that that was what they had been doing back there- spraying the power polls. No big deal, at least they are not doing anything on our property, I thought.
The the people came back a couple hours latter.
They were back by the power line for a while but then I saw the lady coming up to our woods.
So, I went out to the CTB kitchen and was watching her. Daddy came in by me and we saw that she was painting a blue X on some of our trees. So Daddy went out there and asked what she was marking for. She said any tree within 15 ' of the power line/polls they have to cut down or if they are more mature trees they will just trim them.
They are cutting down my favorite wild cherry tree. The special cherry tree that makes one of the "walls" in a little hide out that I love to go in in the summer. I love climbing that tree and just sitting in it. I like that tree. What makes it worse is the cherry tree is 17 feet from the power line not 15. But "it has a dead branch on it that could fall on the line and then we'd have to come and. . ." yeah, what else happens when a branch falls?
That's not all. There is a whole host of little tiny maples that they will slash if we don't move them beforehand. Next is the paper birch that is in our yard. That beautiful white tree that I always sit under to read a book. . .
Some of the large trees are going to be trimmed and there are a couple pine that we have to dig up or they cut down.
Yeah, I'm sad about it. At least I have until May to enjoy them.
Sorry to dump all this on you my readers but this is my journal and journaling it I am!
Now I need to go make dinner. I'll try to get my mind off the trees although it is a little hard to when Mrs. lady with the green vest on is marching around tying little ribbons, drawing little blue X's. Oh well, it's her job. I have mine to do too, so I'll talk to you latter!


3 comments:
Hannah,
Don't feel too bad, they were doing that on our property too!
:-(
But,I tell myself it's better to still have some tress than to have none! Keep up your spirits!
Mary C.
Yes, that is completely terrible!
That is AWFUL! Sorry that has to happen to your family's trees... It's amazing how we can get so used to, and consequently, attached to the things around us!
Maybe you can plant some new trees this spring--in far enough so they won't have to be taken out someday too?
Post a Comment