People Who Enjoy Reading My Blog--do you?

Monday, March 1, 2010

It came at long last =D!

I literally screamed when I got it.
This morning was a long morning. Our mail comes anywhere between 2:00 and 3:00.
It took me a while to figure out how to turn the thing on and a little bit more to figure out how to review the images and yet a little bit more to figure out the different settings. I and I know there is alot more still to be figured out. I just don't want to use up all the battery power and then be left with no camera. That would be a bummer. So, until I get some some rechargeable batteries and a battery charger, I am going sparing on it. There is only one stinkin thing about my new camera, and that is that the previous owner or someone at his house smoked, but that will wear off over time =D! Anyhow, I had alot of fun this afternoon. Enoch and I went on a walk together in the woods and took a bunch of pictures! Here are some of them. Let me know what you think =D.

Enoch took this one of me. I had it on a weird setting but I posted it anyway.

Pine cone. . .

My eye. I love the super macro setting! You can actually have an object touching the lens and it will still be in focus.

Enoch posed for me many times. He normally doesn't like it when I take pictures of him, but we had so much fun taking pictures together and I think he knew the more he posed the more pictures I would let him take =D! Thanks Enoch.


Yeah, Enoch tried hauling some snow in the old farm truck but he got stuck.

"Hmm... what's the best way to do this- wait for spring?"

Walking home along the fence.

Back home-

Grace coming up from the CTB (certified to be) kitchen cellar with carrots.
Grace's boots. . .

A mug o' hot mocha-cocoa!

What do you think Kristin, did I do okay at my first day of "photography" =D?



~In memory of Camy~
Thanks for being there for all the times I needed you.
I know I dropped you a time or two,
but you still stayed true.
Pretty soon your buttons wore out
Alot of times you made me pout,
But I figured out your many quirks
And pretty soon got you to work
Sure you had to sit awhile,
But after a few minutes you did turn on
You went through alot of use,
and abuse
but you did your best.
So, now another takes your place.
But know you are not in disgrace.
The others love you as before,
You can rest- that's for sure.
You will be fingered alot less,
because it's my time to say
"good bye" (I guess).



So, what should my new camera's name be?
This is what "it" looks like Cora. I did not take any pictures of it because I did not want to deal with poor Camy!
The screen can flip out and swivel, which works really nice for self portraits!

11 comments:

Kristin Braun said...

Those are AWESOME! I love each of them :) The more you mess around with the camera the more you will learn, but you are definitely off to a good start! I can't wait to see more :)

Trusting in Jesus said...

WOW! that is so cool!!

Cora Beth said...

WOW HANNAH! Hooray for you. :) Those pictures are SO clear! I love the one of Grace!

Your new camera looks so very nice too... Andrew's camcorder has that feature where you can flip the screen around and take a self-photo--and actually see what you're doing! I'm sure you're floating. :)

As for a name for your new camera, well, if you don't get that dog, you could use your good idea of a name for it (Eureka) for your camera? Just a thought... It's probably not the best name for a camera. :)

Well, trrrryyyyy to get some sleep tonight!
Love you,
Cora

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great pictures! I love how clear the one is of your eye.. I've tried taking pictures of my brother's eye before, but I've never been able to get it to turn out like that! =P

Never thought of naming my camera, either... lol.. That's a good idea! =D

~ Lacy
A Godly Maiden

Cora Beth said...

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention how much I liked your poem!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow that's a great cammera! Can't wait to see more pictures! :-)

~Jenn

Kyrie said...

Oh my! BEAUTIFUL pictures Hannah! You must be SOO excited!
As for a name, I like Cora's suggestion, and I'd like to make one too! What about "Bracha"? It means "a blessing" in Hebrew. (I love looking up names and definitions ;D )
Great poem too ;)

Well, gonna run for now. Looking forward to more fabulous picture posts! ;)

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Amy said...

It looks like your new camera is lots of fun.

Kyrie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I forgot to thank you a little bit ago... :)

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Rachel Grace said...

Hi Hannah!
I just love comming to your blog and finding another wonderful post every single time! The pictures you took with your new camera are great, I can't wait to see more :).
I really like the picture of the pinecone, actually I like it the best!
Love you,
Rachel Grace

Jessica Rebekah said...

Yahoo! Your new camera has finally come! I bet you couldn't wait for it to arrived! =D Wow, Great pictures, they are so clear! =D Can't wait to see more pictures! =)

You know I never thought about naming my camera, good idea! I'm not really good at naming
things! =P Between I like the poem! =)

Love
~> Jess